From The Judges

1)CHASING ANNABELLE by BenPaul_fwc

From Cephasqueen

Cover:
I think it is too plain. I know there is sophistication in simplicity but the cover doesn't tell much about the book and we all know that despite all the warnings, people still judge books by their covers.

Description:
It tells us that the book is just a fragment of a larger world that exists in another book.
Manipulative love? It sounds like juju in a scientific jacket, a lot of people will want to see how it goes.

Prologue:
Damn was it fascinating? It's weird, creepy but still logical and the way it ended? Amazing. It's like mind control but in a different dimension and the characters already have rounded personalities. It is a very promising start, it has depth and who doesn't love depth? I know I do.

Grammar/Punctuation:
This guy plays with words. His choice of words are exceptionally; simple that even when an unfamiliar word pops up, you don't have to pause to use the dictionary because you are already gifted a fair idea.

Originality:
This book takes playboy to an entirely different level and when I say playboy I do not mean crushers of the female gender but a manipulator of the mind. This book unleashes the beautifully wrong side of you. How would you feel when you discover all the things you thought you did willingly were actually stimulated?
This book introduces you to a famously idolized wallflower and a genius mind that makes simplicity so complex or is it the other way round?
It's hard to believe that people like Honor Jidechukwu exist but the book makes it a lot less unbelievable or maybe the author is just as manipulative as Honor.

From IderaOluwa1

Chasing Annabelle
I was wowed by this book. It was totally awesome. Its pretty obvious that a lot of research, sense and hardwork has been put into this piece. Though I wasn't opportuned to complete the book before the due date for submission of results,contrary to the belief that human behavior is unpredictable, Honour was able to predict most of the happenings and how the people will react to it which is unusual. I'm not sure if any of his predictions didnt happen(since I didn't finish it) but if they all worked out well then maybe humans can be predicted then
😉.
Oh before I forget, the cover doesn't do much justice to the book. I'm sure you'll work on that. Kudos👌.
__

🌹🌹🌹🌹

BEGGARS TALE Omahlee

From Cephasqueen

Cover:
I really liked the whole begging gesture made by a patched and fragile hand. Together with the faces of sad and displaced children, the cover is an amazing reflection of the book.

Description:
Very short and straight to the point. It informs you of some of the major occurrences in the book but of course, a little more effort would've been appreciated.

First chapter:
Great literary expression and the description of that beggar? Wow. For some reason, they always wear Chelsea jerseys. Some of you facts do not meet up though and it would be better if you have your text message conversations in bold or italics for easier differentiation. I still liked it nonetheless, it shows that not all beggars are thieves and I really wanted to know what Amina's fate would be.

Grammar/punctuation:

Originality:
Though the relationship kosi has with Amina is hard to find in our society, may even he nonexistent. It is nice to see that there might still be hope for us and we haven't completely lost our humanity. I like the way the book captures Nigeria, the people, the surroundings and mostly the frustration of we Nigerian students. I like that it makes me laugh, the writer knows how to bring to the table that naija humour we can never get enough of.
This book will surely stir that little kindness left in its readers and show them that it doesn't always have to be give and take. Change begins with us.

From IderaOluwa1

          I'd like to start with giving big Kudos to the author. Thank you for bringing up one of the issues we are having in Africa- street children. Your satiric work has shown us the live of Amina and Kosi. While majority is us think that these children are dirty,thieves,useless etc, you have shown that they are humans like us and deserve to be treated well too. I enjoyed every bit of your book. Good cover,plot,grammar and punctuation too.

🌹🌹🌹
*_AJIKE_ by TheOmoope

From Cephasqueen

Cover:
It gives a perfect insight of the book. Looking at it, one can see that the book tells the story of a sad, strong woman.

Description:
I like that it is precise and doesn't tell the whole story but a little more detail would have been nice. The way it is, one can't tell if ajike is his mom, sister, girlfriend or fiance.

First chapter:
I had read AJIKE before now and the first chapter caught my attention. I am a big fan of ajike's taunting smile, I wanted to see how it taunted her husband and his mother, I wanted to watch it slip and let that rage out.
Great job!

Grammar/punctuation:
The author obviously put a lot of work into editing making the book understandable and easy to read. She was kind enough to make translations for non_yoruba speaking folks like myself. Her grammar is simple and almost completely error free. One just keeps reading on and on without having to stop to make out what was written. Nice job.

Originality:
This story is unique because it talks about a common sense problem in our society; unfaithful spouses. It shows what people pass through all in the name of marriage. It shows that one doesn't have to stay in a toxic relationship for fear of loneliness or what society may say. Stories like this should be shared especially amongst the youth so they can see that love is not all that matters in a relationship, all elements need to be balanced and faithfulness is one of them. Marriage is not a walk in the park but neither is it a run in the wild. (Ayyee! That rhymed)

From IderaOluwa1

           Ajike,this book has a good cover,I already knew she was sad or depressed. The first chapter got me.l,I felt the tension but I wouldn't lie,that was the only chapter that got me that way. I was expecting trouble to land aswear but she was so calm...especially the fact that her stepmother was begging her...like wow!! Its rare in the western part. This book made me google about gonorrea,I wanted to see how deep/adverse the effects were cause I had a feeling it was over exaggerated. Anyway,i like the book its unique. Good job!