[14] Bonding of Two Families.

A/N: Surprise! I updated a day earlier, YAY! 😝 I have extra chapters written already so I'll be posting those over the weekend. ENJOY! 

- - -

"This is your home?" Barqat asks as he pulls up into the driveway.

"Yep!" Dunia says with a little too much excitement in her voice. She quickly fixes herself, "I mean, yes, Sir."

"Alright. Goodnight. And don't forget about the Friday plan, it's important." Barqat reminds her.

She nods, "Thank you."

Dunia tries to take off her seatbelt but it's stuck, it. is. freaking. stuck. She tries to shake the buckle free but it just won't open, Damn it, this better not turn into those weird Desi drama scenes... she thinks to herself.

"Sir... My seatbelt... it's, um– it's stuck."

"Oh. Why didn't you say that before, I thought you just wanted to hang around a little longer."

Dunia tries her best to not roll her eyes at her boss.

He tries clicking the seatbelt clasp but he realizes it's stuck from the shoulder side. He reaches over her to untangle the belt.

Dunia's heart almost jumps out of her chest, haram, haram, haram, haram... she can feel her palms starting to sweat from how close Barqat is.

"Sit still!" Barqat says.

"I'm trying..." Dunia tried to speak without sounding flustered.

Suddenly, her brown eyes meet his icy blue ones. While they hold each other's gazes, she can feel her insides fluttering uncontrollably. His eyes— they look so majestical against his slight tan skin. Dunia isn't sure how to describe them completely but somehow manages to think of a beautiful, sparkling frozen lake on a light snowy day or the colour of a cloudless summer sky. Two very stark seasons to describe them but that's how pretty they are. And when he smiles, his eyes light up and look like as if there are sparkling diamonds floating around like orbs in his eyes.

"Bukhari..." Barqat calls out, almost softly.

"Mhm...?" Dunia still not out of her trance.

"Your seatbelt is unbuckled."

"Oh... Oh, OH!" To Dunia's horror, she realizes that she's been staring at him for longer than necessary. "My God, I'm sorry. I'll leave." She almost jumps out of the car from embarrassment.

This leaves a bemused smirk on Barqat's face.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sir. Thank you." She tries low-key patting her face, cooling down her cheeks so they won't turn bright pink.

He laughs, then nods at her. But he doesn't drive off before noticing a car in Dunia's driveway that looks like his dad's. He thinks about it for a second but doesn't think much of it and drives away.

Eliza comes running towards Dunia, almost squealing, "Glad you two are getting along so swell because, boy, do we have news for you." 

Dunia raises her eyebrows, not understanding what her sister means.

"Abbu and Ammi has asked for your presence in the living room." Eliza smiles and gestures her for follow her.

• • •

"Adnaan, I understand that you see some chemistry between them, but marriage..." Dunia's dad says. 

"Ahmad! Don't worry! I just brought it up again to see if you've given it more thought." Mr. Sheikh reassures him.