[15] An Old Friend.

"I'm marrying him." Dunia can't look Ashley in the eyes.

"You're WHAT? HOLD THE FUCK UP! YOU. ARE. WHAT." Ashley is literally shook.

"Ugh, Ashley, don't be like this. Our parents just thought–" Dunia gets interrupted by Ashley's breakdown.

"You're marrying THE Mr. Devil? I mean, I know he's been pretty smitten with you nowadays but this seems too easy..." Ashley says as she squints her eyes suspiciously.

"He said yes first." Dunia comes to her defends.

"HE WHAT?!" Ashley's shook again.

"I haven't even told my best friend yet. She studies in a school that's in another city and will be visiting soon. She's going to kill me!" Dunia starts panicking.

"Oh. I thought you had no friends other than me! I thought we were best friends. I'm hurt." Ashley pouts.

"Ashley! Of course you're my friend! I literally only have you and Inaya. I wasn't very social growing up. I'm shocked I even managed another friend, besides Inaya." Dunia says excitedly.

"Awe, poor child. I'll take your sob story." Ashley winks. "Anyways, Inaya is going to probably kill you for not even hinting it." Ashley pats Dunia's head, trying to provide comfort.

"I just wanted to tell her in person! Or else it wouldn't be the same. Just like I told you in-person. I'll invite you over when I tell her!" Dunia smiles.

"Okay, I'm totally down." Ashley claps her hands together in excitement. "I mean, at least you bagged a hella rich guy, a billionaire to be exact, so now you're set for life!" Ashley teases.

Dunia gives a sad smile and says, "Honestly, that doesn't matter to me. I just want to be treated with respect and love."

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you. I was just kidding!" Ashley says quickly.

Dunia shakes her head from side to side, "No, no! It's okay, I know you were joking! I was just saying, you know. Marriage is a big thing, I just hope Allah has my back."

Ashley smiles, "You're so cute when you get all spiritual."

• • •

Ashley peeks her head through the doors, "Dunia, Mr. Devil has asked for you to meet him in front of his car."

"Oh, okay." Dunia says.

Ashley winks and leaves.

"Wait— Ashley! How would I know what car he brought today... Ugh." But Ashley already left the room.

Dunia sighs and puts her things back in her purse and makes her way outside.

• • •

"Took you long enough." Barqat says. He's leaning against a bright red Lamborghini Aventador.

Holy moly, it's beautiful, Dunia thinks to herself.

Barqat smirks, "I see you're impressed." He opens the passenger side door for her and the door opens in scissor-like motion.

"I'd be lying if I ever said I was unimpressed by a car you brought around." She smiles, looking at the door's in awe. She sits inside and takes in the details.

Barqat sits in the driver's seat and couldn't help but stare at her. Her smile looks so innocent and pretty.

Dunia catches him staring, "Like what you see?" She uses his way of teasing.