[16] Romance or Threat?

"Dunia?" Edward runs after them. "Hey, Sir, please, don't do grab her like that."

Barqat looks back at Edward, furiously, "And who are you to tell me that? her boyfriend? Her fiancé? Her husband?"

Dunia starts panicking and gives Edward the 'it's going to be fine' look, he nods and lets them go.

He pulls her all way to the car and lets go of her wrist. A red mark was left from where he was holding her.

"Get in." He tells her sternly.

She doesn't say anything and sits inside. The whole ride was silence, neither of them bothered to say anything or explain anything.

Dunia can tell her tense he is from the way he's gripping the steering wheel, making his muscles on his arm bulge and his veins in his arm pop out. I didn't do anything... There's no way he's mad at me for taking an extra 10 seconds to talk to Edward.

Barqat is lost in thought about what he saw between Dunia and this so-called Edward:

"I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you in high school." Dunia is clearly enjoying herself.

"And I love you very much for that." that man winks at her. He loves her? What the fuck does that mean? Why was she the best thing that's ever happened to him? What a fucking—, Barqat clearly doesn't enjoy remembering what he saw at the restaurant. He missed out the beginning of the conversation so everything he heard obviously sounds suspicious to him, ticking him off.

Why the fuck is this bothering me so much? He yells at himself.

Once they reach, he aggressively pulls into the parking at the office and says, "Get out."

"Excuse me?"

"Didn't you hear what I said? Get out of my car."

Dunia unbuckles her seatbelt and shuts the door with a little force, "What the hell is your problem?"

Barqat gets out of the car as well, "What the hell is my problem?" He repeats it. He starts backing her up against the wall, "My fucking problem is pretty goddamn obvious."

Dunia is backed up against the wall and has nowhere to go. His face leans forward and their noses are inches apart, sending butterflies through her stomach at the most inappropriate time.

"What do you think your parents are going to think of your little lover?" His tone unforgiving.

"My w-w-what?" Dunia's stuttering from disbelief.

"Don't act smart with me! That Edward you're fucking behind my back." His words are sharp as needles. Dunia could see a storm stirring up in his eyes. Whenever he becomes angry, his icy blue eyes look almost glowing angry. The look in his eyes is enough to send chills down Dunia's spine.

She's clearly caught on, "What the hell? You think Eddy and I...? Astagfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah)! What made you think that?"

Barqat's expression turns from grim to confused, "He said he loved you..."

A smile tugs at the end of Dunia's lips, "Mr. Barqat Sheikh, I'm sure you missed the beginning of our conversation. Eddy is happily in a long-term relationship with the love of his life. He loves me because I hooked the two up since he couldn't do it himself. He doesn't love me like that."

Barqat snakes his arm behind her back and pulls her closer to his chest. His surprising action made Dunia gasp out loud. She places her hands on his chest, trying to keep distance. "Sir, this isn't right, we're not—"