iv

"are you keeping on track on your diet, piper?"

i sighed through the phone, biting on my nails.

"yes, peyton. how are mom and dad?"

"mom's under a lot of stress right now and dad's playing bridge with his friends. wanna talk to him?"

i shook my head, then realised i was on the phone.
"no, no, it's okay. why is mom under stress?"

"a client of hers committed suicide."

i went silent, feeling my breath hitch.
"yikes."
"yeah, she's having a hard time right now."
"i'm gonna come home early, alright?"
peyton clicked his tongue.
"piper, i think you need to have time off, too. it's okay, mom is doing fine. we don't need more depression in the house."

more depression in the house. nice job at lightening the mood up, asshole.
"are you having fun, piper?"
"not really."

i heard him sigh heavily through the phone.
"right, well, i gotta go. try to lighten up a little, will you? i know a girl that would kill to be in your place."

"what? being a third wheel to your friend while constantly getting annoyed by some asshole and a dude that doesn't even talk to me? yeah, sounds like dream."

"bye, piper."

.

"good morning, piper."

i turned my head from my book and gave a friendly grin to jin, drying himself from swimming with ava at the beach.
"hi jin, had a good swim?"

"yeah! the water is really great, why aren't you with us? hoseok and ava are still building sand castles."

jin set his beach towel to the side and sat down on the couch beside me, the smell of sand and salty water going into my nostrils.
i leaned closer as he took his phone out and began showing me photos and videos of ava and hoseok building sand castles, running to the sea to get water for their little pool, gathering seaweed as decoration.

i chuckled, unable to believe these two were older than the age of 20.
"awww, cuties."
"come on, im just gonna go get groceries then im going back, go get in your swim suit while i start the car."

i turned to him and shrugged. "thanks, jin, but im okay, really."
he pouted at me, giving me puppy-like eyes which seemed way too real with his damp hair flattened on his head.
"come on! we're all here together, might as well spend some time. what's wrong?" he tilted his head to the side, the veins on his neck more apparent.

"i just don't feel like it."

he stood up and set his hands out. i looked at them then back at him, raising a brow.
"piper, the water is nice. the sand feels great, and the day can only get more beautiful with you. please, we're all waiting for you. even yoongi is chilling there reading a book."

i stared at him for a few seconds before setting my book to the side and taking his hands, hearing loveable chuckles emitting from him as he pulled me up to my feet.

.

"wait wait, guys, let me tell you a story about piper."

the men gathered around us, setting their drinks down with curious expressions in their eyes.
"when we were kids, she had a crush on this guy, dominique. he was tall, sexy, popular, had long hair. basically a prince charming."

jin has his face buried in ava's neck, lazily kissing her red skin from intoxication and whispering sweet nothings into her ear.
i had my head down in embarrassment, knowing exactly what she was about to tell them.
"anyway, dominique doesn't know anything about her. not. a. thing. and she's over here having wet dreams about him."

"ava! toi salope!" i groaned, only earning gross chuckles from the drunk woman.
"so piper here has her panties in a bunch and decides, you know what? im gonna write him a letter. so im like, piper, what are you gonna tell him? and as im reading what she's writing, she writes down a note saying 'please leave my school.'"

hoseok and yoongi burst out laughing. i managed to twitch the corner of my lip up in a small smirk, the embarrassment getting the best of me.

snickering and chattering about my social anxiety were exchanged before i decided to stand up and turn on some music.
hoseok asked me where i was going, i ignored him.

i connected my phone to the speakers and played shivers and gold, deciding it was a good groove to set the vibe.
i earned a series of cheers as everyone stood up to dance to slow dance in the night.
we were the only people sitting by the shore, everyone else usually stayed by the hotel or at the resorts, but rich boy jin here was lucky enough to find a cabin in a deserted area.

distracted by the view of the drunken birds dancing, i didn't notice hoseok's presence until his hand slid to my shoulder.
"dance with me?"

i looked into his golden eyes, the fire in them burning into my own blue eyes.
stuck in a trance, i put my hand in his.

hoseok grinned and pulled me to the side from everyone else, his legs moving in sync with mine, our bodies turning and swaying together as the music blared through the area.
i made sure to keep a space between us, but he smelled so good, he looked so enchanting.
i pressed my chest against his.

no one was attentive. he held me tight.

"why do you keep getting closer to me." i spoke softly, not helping the situation by grinning widely.
"you're not pushing me away."

he grabbed my hand and turned with me. i was pulled back to his chest.
"something tells me you don't want me to avoid you, piper." he whispered in my ear charmingly. i gently pushed him away and snickered.

"i still think you're annoying."

he nodded down, a beautiful smile on his face. the light from the fireplace emitting a gorgeous shine on his face.
"and i still think you're rude."

i gasped as he turned me around to wrap his arms around me, his chin resting on my shoulder from the back.
"then why do you dance with me?"

"i could ask you the same thing."

.

A/N:

bonjour! comment ça va?

hope you're enjoying reading, please eat well and exercise <3