vi

y o u  d i d n ' t  s e e  m e  c r y

.

i folded my shorts in my luggage.
"piper, can you take my cocktail dress with you? my luggage is too small."

i stood up from the bed and began to walk out the door.
poking my head out, i was attacked by a dress hitting my face.
"thanks!"

i groaned in response and pulled the dress off before marching back to my luggage. i neatly folded it and placed it over my clothes, ready to close the bag.
"did you have fun this week?"

ava was now in my room, making sure i had everything packed. i nodded at her once she finally looked at me.
"great, i knew spending time with those boys would cheer you up. maybe we can do this again next year."

"next year?" i muttered softly. she had her arms crossed over her chest with a frown.
"yeah, i know, ill miss them too. ill be going back and forth to korea a lot, obviously, but i won't be seeing the rest of the guys that much."

anything ava said after 'ill miss them too' were just words in my head. going into one ear, out the other.
i stood up and my body automatically walked out of the room, making its way down the hall where hoseok's room was.

without bothering to knock, i entered his room to find him packing a pair of shorts into his luggage.
he glanced up at me with brows risen up.
"hey, piper."

i closed the door behind me and walked to his bed, sitting down in front him.
i first examined his luggage. his clothes were neatly tucked and folded in a certain way to fit all of them in like a tetris game.
his eyes followed mine, focusing on his clothes as if to ensure there weren't any flaws.
"you're going back to korea, right?"

he nodded, a sad smile on his lips.
"yeah," he exhaled deeply. "i wasn't expecting to feel this bad about leaving."
"why do you feel bad?"

"because im gonna miss the hell out of you."

i leaned forward, and he leaned back against the pillow. i pushed my hands on either side of him and kissed his lips gently, feeling my chest heat up as he grinned from the contact.
"you know you're not making things easier, right?"

"it's going to be okay, i think." he continued after i remained silent.
truth be told, i haven't been intimate with a man since i was 14 years old, if you would even call that romance.
i didn't consider what i had with hoseok to be romantic, however.

i liked him. i don't often like people, especially people i used to despise and gag at the mention of.
seeing him on tv, having ava sitting beside me as she cheered. i didn't see what the hype was about.