Pity

Steve. Steve Harrington. He was Mr popular, and everyone either loved him or hated him. Then things fell out for him. Things between him and Nancy ended. You were happy to find out Jonathan Byers and Nancy were together, but you were also jealous. You liked Jonathan Byers for the longest time, but he chose her. You'd been friends with him since you both were little, but he chose her. You tried to be happy for him, but it was hard.

Now you didn't see him anymore. Steve also lost his group of friends. You heard all the stories, but you also heard he changed his act. It didn't really matter to you. He had nothing to do with you.

School was over, and you were walking to your car. That's when you noticed him standing there. He hadn't noticed you yet so you hid behind another car. You didn't know what he wanted, and you couldn't remember if you had done anything. You looked up, and he was still there. In fact he noticed you.

"Y/n... Hey." He smiled waving to you.

You had no idea why you were so nervous. You began to walk to him, and your car. "Steve... Hi... I just... I dropped my book on the ground."

"Sure you did." He smiled laughing. You finally made it to him, and there was something you just wanted to ask.

"How... How do you know me?"

"We were best friends in Pre-K and kindergarten. Then Jonathan Byers came, and you became his best friend. Wow. I just realized he is a lady stealer, and he doesn't even have to try." Steve looked down and frowned.

You felt bad that you couldn't remember him, but then you also wondered if he liked you. At least if he liked you when you were little which made you blush.

"Umm..." You didn't know how to respond.

Then Steve looked back up. "Look... I just... I feel bad that I never tried to be your friend after. I'm such a jerk especially to come to you now, but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the prom with me? I don't want you to think I'm doing this to get Nancy jealous or some crap like that. I just... I want to go with you." (Let's just say the upside down gave everyone a break before it caused trouble again)

You couldn't believe Steve Harrington just asked you to the prom. You really didn't want to go to prom, and you hadn't planned to go to prom. Then you looked to him again. He had puppy eyes, and you remembered all he had been through. Then you remembered your cousin Dustin kept talking about Steve like he was an actual hero.

"Sure. I'll go to prom with you." You mainly agreed to go because you felt pity for him.

However you felt a little better when a smile plastered his face, and you actually thought he looked adorable.

"Great! I mean yeah... Umm I'll pick you up at five then. You live beside Dustin right."

"Yeah. I do."

"I'll see you tonight then." He smiled walking away.

That's when you realized prom was tonight (I'm just making it on a Friday), and you had no dress. When you went home you told your mom, and she took you to her room.

"I know you liked my dresses when you were little, so..." She pulled out your favorite dress of hers. "I want to give this to you."

You tried it on, and it fit wonderfully. Then she put a fake floral crown of sunflowers on your head.

"Oh y/n. You look stunning. Steve's going to love it."

"What?"

"Oh come on. I know you both had liked each other at least until that Jonathan Byers came along."