A Day

AU: 50s greaser Steve

The school day was finally over. You hurriedly went to your locker and got your things. Panic began to enter your mind. You feared that the greasers would be close to your car.

You had no idea why they targeted you of all people. Especially the leader of the Demodog pack, Steve Harrington. He always teased you. It had been going on for almost a year now, and you were close to asking your parents to homeschool you.

You walked to the parking lot and frowned when you saw the demo pack near your car. You quickly turned around and ran to the theatre department. You sat in one of the many rows of seats, and you began to read. You hoped that with time they would leave your car.

"Babydoll, why did you leave so soon?  I was already missin you."

You jumped in shock when you noticed Steve sitting behind you.

"How... How did you find me?"

"Baby, I know this school like the back of my hand, and I know the places you would go."

You got up and tried to figure out where to go. He was closer to the main exit doors. You didn't want to go on the stage, but you didn't know where else to go. You ran up to the stage and continued to panic. He had already made it onstage. You moved through some of the other people and got down running for the exit. You ran outside and thankfully the others weren't at your car.

You ran to the car getting your keys. You tried to start the car, but it wouldn't start. That's when the passenger door opened.

"Why do you keep running away?"

You couldn't take it. You turned to him trying not to cry. "Why do you keep following me? Why are you bullying me? I've done nothing to you."

He began to laugh as he ran a comb through his hair. "Y/n. I'm not bullying you."

"Then what are you doing?"

"I'm flirting with you."

You shook your head getting out of your car. You couldn't believe that. You were an introvert. You didn't make friends easily. You stayed to yourself and talked more to the teachers than you talked to people your age. How could Steve Harrington who was so extroverted be attracted to you?

"You call having your greaser buddies around while you supposedly talk to me flirting?"

"I can't help they follow me around. They're... They're like family to me."

"You call constantly following me flirting?"

"I'm not following you all the time. You do know we have every class together, and I am not the kind o guy that skips class."

You frowned looking to your feet. Then you looked back to him. "Why do you spread rumors about me then?"

He walked closer to you, but you didn't realize. "I don't spread rumors about you, and my boys definitely don't spread rumors about you. Why would I spread rumors about a gal I like?"

Now that your thought about it, you weren't even sure what flirting really consisted of. Then you noticed his feet in your line of vision. You looked up, and you pushed some of your hair behind your ear. He... He was actually kinda cute.

"I promise you. I'm not bullying you, and I'm sorry that my actions led you to believe that. Yeah I'm a greaser, but I'm not bad. None of us are bad."

You crossed your arms and looked in another direction.

"Babydoll, why would I want to talk to you so much if I wanted to bully you? If I bullied you, I'd feel awful. I would've been in in school suspension by now."

You looked back to him, and he had such a look about him that suddenly made you feel warm.

"Y/n I really like you."

You still couldn't believe it, but at the same time you really wanted to believe it.

"Look Steve Harrington. I... I obviously have never been in a relationship... But I'm not ready, and I don't even know you really."

A small smile appeared on Steve's lips. "We could be friends really. You know we... We're neighbors."

"Really?"

He nodded and smiled. "Yeah. Look your car isn't working. I can take you home on my motorcycle, and then I'll come back to the school and fix your car.

"You will? How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing but a hopeful friendship with you."

You couldn't help but giggle. "You... You're cute and cheesey."

"Thanks babydoll. Now let's get you home."

You nodded and went to his motorcycle realizing you had just made not only a friend but a future boyfriend as well.

Hey everyone. I know this was kinda short, but I just wanted to write something for you all. I hope you liked it. I know I sent a message on my message board, but I just want to thank you all again for letting me reach 1k. Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments. Even if you just read my stuff, thanks. It's means a lot to me. You have no idea. Sorry I can't write as much. Regardless, thank you.

🥀🌵🥀 Flower Child 🥀🌵🥀