Chapter Twenty-One

Peter arrived in his dads lab and immediately began looking. It couldn't be too hard to find, right?

He dug through almost everything. At one point, he called out, "Jarvis?" No reply. He looked down upon remembering what had happened to Jarvis. He sighed and continued on.

"Come on," he muttered, looking around. He didn't have much time and he did not want to get to the African coast without a jet. That did not sound fun at all.

He gave a small gasp as he found his suit.  It had been so long since he had worn it.  He picked it up and admired it.  He ran a hand over the spider emblem on the front and fidgeted with the web cartridges.  He smiled wide. 

"Should I give you two a moment?"

Peter jumped and looked at the source of the voice, knowing he was busted.  Bruce stood in the lab doorway, leaning against it.

"I-I um, I-" Peter stuttered and blushed, shocked.  He nearly dropped his suit.

"Natasha, right?"  Bruce asked, walking in. 

Peter nodded.  "Yeah... please don't tell my dads. Then they'd kill me, and they wouldn't let me fight or even let me have a chance of being Spider-Man and-"

"I was going to just say hurry up. I knew what Natasha was planning, so I came down here saying that I forgot something to buy you time."

Peter gave a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Thank you so much." He tightened his hold on his suit.

Bruce nodded. "Of course." He smiled and motioned for Peter to follow. Peter followed excitedly, suit in hand.

As they got into the elevator and began heading up, Bruce turned to Peter.  "Now, when we get up there, you need to wait a minute or so before coming or else they're going to see you.  I'll distract them for a while, giving you time to sneak in and hide.  It isn't going to be necessarily comfortable, but at least you're coming."

Peter nodded.  "Thank you so much," he repeated.  He stood behind Bruce as the elevator doors opened. Bruce walked out and over to the jet. Peter stepped out of the elevator and waited for a while before sneaking over to the jet. Bruce was talking with Steve and Tony, keeping them distracted enough to give Peter time to get in.

"Bruce! I get it, but now is not the time!" Tony said, throwing his arms in the air. "We need to go now!"

Natasha quickly met Peter as he entered and took him to a confined area and, after Natasha left, Peter changed into his suit. He nearly fell over halfway through getting it on as the jet took off. After he regained his balance, he finished getting his suit on and stood up straighter, feeling the feelings he had missed in his time of not being Spider-Man. He looked down at his wrists where his web cartridges were, moving his fingers. It had been so long.

He stayed in his little hidden area of the jet for what felt like forever. He counted how many times his dad made a joke or pun. (He lost track after 18.)

He held back a groan of boredom. He was excited to fight Ultron and these twins, but why did it have to take so long to get to the African coast? He was going to die of boredom before he could actually get the chance to fight.

He fall asleep after a while, and, after a few hours, he woke up to the sound of the jet landing.  He stood up slowly, keeping himself hidden behind boxes.  He stumbled a little as the jet landed and opened up.

Finally, Peter thought.  I was about to die of boredom.

He watched as all the Avengers except for Bruce exited the jet.  Bruce stood at the entrance and motioned for Peter to come after a short while.  Peter rushed over to the exit, seeing everyone far ahead.