Chapter Thirty-One

"Steve, you've got incoming," Tony's voice rang from the earpiece. Steve had given one to Peter before everything had gotten hectic.

"Incoming already came in," Steve muttered from the car he was thrown on top of. "Tony, you worry about getting the city down safely. The rest of us have one job. Tear these things apart. If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you get killed, walk it off."

Steve turned quickly to Peter. "Except for you, Peter. If you get killed, you're grounded."

"Woah woah woah. Pete's here?"

Peter groaned. "Can we not do this right now?" he snapped, in the middle of fighting a robot.

"Okay, okay," Tony muttered over the earpiece.

Peter looked around and saw more robots coming. He shot a web at one that was about to attack his Pops. He was about to hit another one when a blur rushed by and destroyed the robot. He looked around, trying to identify who had done that.

"You didn't see that coming?" He heard a familiar voice say behind him. He turned and saw Pietro, a smug smile on his face.

Peter's mouth hung open slightly. He watched Pietro rush off, a blur. That guy didn't seem so bad, you know when he wasn't siding with an evil robot. After this was all over, he'd have to hang out with him sometime. He rolled his eyes and went back to fighting more robots.

Steve rushed back to the bridge to help more people. He looked back at Peter, who quickly shook his head. He couldn't. He just couldn't go back to the bridge.

I might hurt another civilian, he thought sadly as he ripped the head off of a robot. He wasn't going to risk it.

Clint and Wanda were off somewhere else, Thor and Steve were fighting their way away from the bridge. Hulk was off... smashing. Natasha was probably with him. Tony was flying around the city, trying to figure everything out. Pietro was with Peter fighting robots, and Vision - or Jarvis? Man, a lot had happened since he had been kidnapped - was fighting Ultron probably.

Peter looked up and saw Ultron flying over his direction; more accurately, Thor's direction. He shot a web at Ultron, who looked down at Peter as the web hit his metallic arm. He changed direction and headed down towards Peter. He ducked out of the way, and Ultron quickly flew back up and straight back on course to Thor.

"You're bothering me!" Peter heard Ultron say to Thor, grabbing him and flying away with him. He let out a small groan and decapitated a robot, hoping that Ultron would not kill Thor.

"Alright, we're clear here," Clint said over earpiece from where he and Wanda were.

"We're not clear!" Peter replied loudly back as he helped his Pops destroy a robot. "We are very not clear!"

"Alright, coming to you," Clint said with a sigh.

Peter looked over at his Pops. "Why is the city flying again? What is this accomplishing?"

"He's going to make it fall," his Dad replied in his earpiece. "If this gets high enough and is dropped..."

Peter understood quickly. "That would be enough to wipe out everyone." He shook his head. "Yeah, that can't happen."