Chapter Twenty-Three

Peter looked around as they landed somewhere unfamiliar. It looked like a farm, there being a barn close to a good sized house with a wrap around porch. They had parked a ways away in a field of trees.  Peter gave Clint a puzzled look, to which Clint just shrugged.

The group made their way out of the jet, Peter, Tony and Bruce out of suits or degreenified. They walked up to the house, Clint helping Natasha to walk.

What did that witch do to her?  Peter thought, worried.  He had never seen her this bad.  Granted, for normal people standards, she wasn't that bad, but this is Natasha we're talking about.

"What is this place?"  Peter muttered, looking around as they made their way up the porch. 

"Safe house," Tony said, not looking at Peter.  He was still most likely ticked off about Peter coming to that mission.

Probably wants me back at Stark Tower, Peter thought as he walked.

"Let's hope," Clint said, opening the door.  Everyone followed in behind him, all equally confused.  Well, except for Natasha.

"Honey?"  Clint called as they walked into a living room type place.  Peter frowned,really confused now.  Who?

Peter then saw a pregnant woman walk in and be slightly shocked upon seeing the group and smile upon seeing Clint.  Peter was slightly shocked.  He looked at Clint.

"Hi," Clint said, going and hugging the woman.  "Company.  Sorry I didn't call ahead."  He kissed her, making the group feel a little bit awkward.

Woah woah woah, Peter thought, looking at the couple.  Clint - Clint Barton, has a wife? 

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony decided, looking at the group.

"Gentlemen," Clint said, holding the woman's waist. "This is Laura."

Laura waved a little. "I know all of your names." She chuckled.

Peter gave a small wave back and heard footsteps coming from the hallway they had come through. He looked at the doorway and saw two kids rushing in: a girl and a boy.  The boy, most likely the oldest, couldn't be older than ten. Clint immediately hugged them, saying hello.

Peter stared. And he has kids?! How did I not know this? The boy looked at Peter, making him clear his throat and looked at his puzzled Pops.

"These are... smaller agents," Tony decided again.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The little girl said, looking up at her dad.

Natasha stood up straighter before walking over to the girl. "Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha said with a smile before hugging the munchkin.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve said, seeming to have regained his composure.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony said, looking at Clint.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined," Clint said, one arm around his wife and the other around his son. "He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to lay low."

After that, people just began talking. Natasha walked over to Laura and Tony and Bruce began to talk. The boy continued to look at Peter and the girl seemed to have taken interest in Thor.

Maybe she's thinking: why does this guy have such long hair? Peter thought, trying not to look at the boy.

After a little while, Thor just left, not saying a word. Steve followed after him, leaving the rest to be confused. Everyone seemed to be confused today, but could you blame them?

Everyone dispersed after that. Besides the fact that Thor didn't come back, things were pretty normal.

Peter kind of hated that.

Not Clint's family, necessarily. They seemed like good people. I mean, before this moment, he had had no clue that they existed, but that was beside the point. But the fact that he couldn't do anything. Hadn't that been just what he was doing for the past few weeks? Doing absolutely nothing? He wanted to do something again.

"Peter!"

Peter looked up, knocked out of his daze. He looked at Clint, who had called out his name.

"Did you hear what I said?" Clint asked. Peter shook his head, causing Clint to sigh. "Well, Mr. Dreaming-with-my-eyes-wide-open, you're gonna be sharing a room with Lila and Cooper." He motioned to his kids.

Peter's eyes widened slightly. "I'm stuck in the kiddy room?" Lila, the little girl, stuck her tongue out at Peter, who just stuck out his tongue right back.

"Unless you wanna cuddle up with your dads, yes," Clint said, giving him a look.

Peter just groaned a little and left the room, navigating his way to the kids room. He noticed Steve and Tony exchanging a look as he left.

"I shoulda stayed at the tower," Peter muttered, sitting on the floor of the kids room once he found it. "Maybe then I could've done something."

He spent the next few hours staring at the wall and playing with the legos that the kids had in their room. I could really use a LEGO Death Star right now, he thought. I miss Ned. I miss Star Wars.

Peter started to formulate something in his head. "Maybe if I left and made it to New York," He said, not thinking anyone was around. "maybe I could help in some way. It's not like I can do anything here."

"Huh, you sure about that?" A voice said from the doorway. Peter froze and looked up at his dad.

"Oh... hey," Peter said, looking down. He heard Tony make his way into the room, nearly trampling the LEGO tower that Peter had built.

"Hey." Tony sat down on one of the beds. "Look, about that sneaking thing..." Peter was ready to get yelled at. He was surprised to hear Tony say:

"Good job."

Peter looked up at his dad, confused. "Excuse me?" He couldn't have heard him correctly.

"Good job. I mean, after this whole Ultron thing is over, you are gonna be grounded until you graduate college, but you did good."

"Really? But I did awful! All I did was get myself caught and held hostage. I'll never be an Avenger." He muttered the last part.

Tony shook his head. "You did great. I'm proud of ya, Pete." He hesitated before asking, "How'd you get your suit?"

"Natasha," Peter said plainly. "Please don't kill her. Or me."

Tony shook his head. "That's the last time I let her know anything." He laughed softly and stood up. "I'll let you get settled in here and continue your tower. Remember, bedtime is at seven thirty on the dot."

"You're just loving this, aren't you?"

Tony shrugged. "Who's to say?" He headed to the doorway and had almost left the room when Peter blurted:

"I'm sorry."

He could tell his dad was still upset, whether either of them wanted to believe it or not. But there wasn't much that Peter could do at the moment to help that.

Tony just looked back a little. "I know." And with that, he left, leaving Peter with his LEGO tower.

A/N: Hey Guys! Sorry it took me so long to get this up. I had a trip where we couldn't use our phones and then I had the new Imagines and one-shots story that I'm starting as well. If you could show it some love that would be great. I will make sure to keep updating this consistently. Thanks for reading. I hope you liked this chapter. It's not the best, but believe me, it will get better ♥️