Chapter Thirty-Three

Peter was woken from his nap one day by his door being thrown open.

"Who's ready to go home?!" Tony's voice cheered. Peter let out a tired groan as a response.

"Oh come on, Pete! I've signed all the papers, you're free to go!"

Peter shot up, it hurting less to do so now than it had been before. "Wait, really? I'm free to go?"

Tony nodded happily. "Everyone's waiting at home. You ready?"

"Heck yeah!" Peter fumbled with the hospital bed sheets and stood up, stumbling slightly.

Tony rushed over to him. "Woah, easy, Pete. Don't land yourself back in the hospital as soon as you've left!"

Peter nodded and took his Dad's arm. Together, they began their walk out of the room and out of the hospital.

Peter squinted as he stepped out into the sunlight. It had been a while since he had actually been outside, which was kind of sad.

He hopped into Tony's expensive car and grinned as he saw the driver. "Hi, Happy!"

Happy smiled back. "Welcome back, kid. Good to see you again."

Tony sat beside Peter in the back seat and Happy began driving them home.

"Everyone's excited to see you," Tony said, looking out the window. "I'm pretty sure Clint's just ready to have someone to prank with again."

Peter laughed softly. "I can't wait to see everyone again. Well, I mean, see them when we're not running from a murder bot or in the hospital."

Peter thought of something and his laughter slowly stopped. "How's Wanda doing?" He asked quietly.

Tony looked back at Peter. "She's doing okay," Tony said with a sigh. "She's quiet and doesn't talk about it, so I would suggest not bringing it up."

Peter nodded. "Will do."

Most of the ride was in comfortable silence. Every so often Tony would talk about stuff going on at home. Vision and Wanda seemed to be getting close. Thor was going to leave in a few days. Bruce and Natasha kept talking privately about something a lot recently.

Peter looked out the window as he saw a familiar tower. Stark Tower. Home.

He jumped out of the car as soon as Happy stopped the car. He rushed inside, Tony laughing behind him.

"Welcome home, Peter."

Peter jumped as he heard an Irish disembodied voice welcome him. He looked around and heard Tony laugh more.

"Peter, this is Friday," Tony explained, resting a hand gently on Peter's shoulder. "She's my new assistant."

"Ah," Peter said, still a bit startled. "Hello, Friday. Er, thanks."

"Should I alert the others of your arrival, boss?" Friday asked Tony as they began walking to the elevator.

"Yes, Friday. Thank you." Tony pressed the elevator button and the elevator began it's crawl up the tower.

Peter took a deep breath and looked around the elevator. Same old elevator. And yet, after everything, it felt great to be in there.

The elevator dinged and he saw everyone on the couch in the Tv room. They all looked back at him and perked up.

Before Peter could do anything, he was trapped in a bear hug by Steve. He immediately hugged back. It felt wonderful.

"Dad, get in here," Peter said, muffled from inside his Pops's arms. Tony happily obliged and they stood there, the three of them hugging for what felt like forever. Peter loved it. It had been too long.

Tony pulled away and Peter thought he saw him tearing up. Steve kept an arm wrapped around Peter.

"Welcome home, Pete."

"It feels great to be home." Peter grinned and looked at the others. They all were sitting down except for Clint, who was standing and waving a disk around.

"Come on, Spider-boy. You know what we need to do."

Peter nodded. "I do. I'm ready to watch The Impossible."

Clint grinned and put the disk in as Peter went around and said hello to everyone.

"Glad to see you're ungreenified," Peter said, hugging his Uncle Bruce.

"And I'm glad to see you not hospitalized," Bruce replied. "Try not to worry us all like that again, okay?"

Peter nodded. "I'll do my best," he promised. He sat on the floor in front of Tony, leaned back against the couch as the movie began.

"Aw, once again, that Tom Holland guy kind of looks like you, Pete," Tony said. "Except younger."

"Okay, now I see it," Peter said, nodding. Dang, Tom did look like a younger him in this movie.

"Told you!" Clint laughed. "You look so similar."

Peter might have started tearing up as it went on, but was quick to try and cover it up. He felt Vision's hand on his shoulder and shuttered slightly. He looked at Vision who nodded and lifted his hand, sitting back next to Wanda.

Okay... Peter thought, focusing back on the movie. That was... slightly weird.

Then again... He looked around the room where the God of Thunder, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, a robot with a gem in his head, and Spider-Man sat. Everything about this house was slightly weird. And that's a good thing.

Peter leaned against his Dad's legs as his doppelgänger on-screen rushed around a hospital. He sighed contently and watched the rest of the movie, joking about it every so often.

As the movie ended, he looked and saw Wanda and Clint were both asleep. He laughed a little.

"I've got it," Vision said, picking up Wanda, bridal style. He looked back at the group and then carried her away.

Thor looked down at Clint. "And I've got Barton." He picked Clint up the same way and went to carry him away.

"Wait!" Peter quickly stopped him. He ran and grabbed his phone. He came back and took a picture. "Blackmail."

Thor just smiled and walked off after the picture was taken. "Farewell, blackmailers!"

Natasha and Bruce stood arm in arm, glancing from the leaving Thor and then back at Steve and Tony, obviously holding in a bit of laughter.

"We'll just walk," Bruce said as they made their way out.

Peter grinned and looked up at his dads. "What about you? You gonna carry me to my room?"

"I don't know," Tony said, shrugging. "We did do it last movie night, and you're not asleep this time."

"Can we take a blackmail picture?" Steve asked.

Peter gave an exaggerated sigh and turned away, starting to walk. "Fine, fine. I'll just walk to my room, tired and-"

He let out a yelp as Steve picked him up and put him over his shoulder. He saw his Dad - or, his feet - walking in front of them as Steve began walking down the hall, Peter on his shoulder.

Peter gave a small cheer as Steve set him down on his bed, being careful not to injure him.

"Thanks," He said, laying back. "Feel a bit dizzy now, but thanks."

"Just know that you owe us," Steve laughed, him and Tony going to the door.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

"Night Peter," Tony said as they shut the door. "Love you."

"Love you too," he yawned. He was tired. Sure was tiring, you know, doing nothing but watching tv and napping.

He laid back and instantly fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. And, for the first time in a while, he didn't think of Sokovia.