Four

"Did you see that?" Amphitrite whispered excitedly, smacking Poseidon with the back of her hand as she watched the interaction between Triton and Celestine.

"See what?" Poseidon spluttered as his glass spilled a little from Amphitrite's excited smack on his arm.

"Our son," she rolled her eyes in exasperation, "he was talking to Celestine and now he's taken her off, just the two of them!" she let out a little squeal.

"He did?" Poseidon examined a small shrimp before putting it in his mouth.

"Oh my god..." Amphitrite muttered to herself.

"You called?" Poseidon smirked at his wife.

Amphitrite shook her head at her husband's attempt at humour but a smile remained on her face.

Her son had sought out a girl to speak with, of his own accord, and one that would make a suitable future Queen in her book and was now off with her.

Alone.

Amphitrite silently prayed to the gods above that Triton not fuck it up.

And as for the stunt that Senga just pulled.

Well she was just lucky that Triton had his guards go off in search of her rather than Amphitrite herself.

~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" Celestine asked as they swam away from the Grand Hall.

Triton turned and smiled brightly at her.

"Have you ever seen the moon? The stars?" he asked.

"What? No!" Celestine replied, "it's far too dangerous up above the water, my parents have strictly forbidden me to ever go up there!"

Triton slowed his swimming so he could fully look at her.

"You've never been up top?" he asked, "really?" he continued when she shook her head.

"I...I guess I'm not as adventurous as some of the other girls..." she trailed off, looking down at her tail fin in embarrassment.

"Celestine," Triton lifted her chin up gently with his fingers so that she was looking up at him, "if you'd rather not go up, I understand," he said, "I won't think any less of you if you say no," he paused, "but know that I have been up top countless times and I would never let anything happen to you, I promise."

Celestine bit her lip and looked at Triton hesitantly.

This was Triton after all.

He was known for being a great leader and a great warrior when needed.

If he couldn't protect her, then who could?

"Pinkie fin swear!" Triton said excitedly, offering the tip of the corner of his fin up.

Celestine couldn't help but giggle at the childhood promise.

"Pinkie fin swear," she replied and shyly offered the corner of her fin so that it met Triton's and they curled around each other's.

Triton felt a small tingle in his tail and judging by the look on Celestine's face, she felt it too.

She quickly pulled away, her cheeks beginning to flush again and she looked down shyly and bit her lip.

She definitely felt it.

"Come on," he offered his hand again and nodded towards the surface, "be brave."

"My father is not going to like this," she replied as she let Triton pull her towards the direction of the surface.

"He'll never know," Triton said as he gripped her hand tightly before smiling at her, "hey!" he decided to distract her as they swam, "what do sea monsters eat?"