16

"Everyone meet, Alexis and Mia-Rose" I say. They all hold the girls. The doctor walks in, everyone leaves giving us privacy. "So we want to keep you over night, they babies will have to be put in another room, but if things go alright then you will be able to go home tomorrow" the doctor tells us. "Thank you" I say. "Also I'll need you to feed them your breast milk tonight at seven" she tells us. "And with the babies they can have cribs in here for you to put them to sleep but then they will be moved" we are rid. "Thank you doctor miles" I say. "No problem and congratulations" She tells us.

Jonah kisses me. "How did I get so lucky?" He asks. "I'm the lucky one" I say. "Are you hungry?" He asks. "Yeah" I say. "I'll go get something" he says. "Thank you" I say kissing him again. "Hey Amelia" My doctor comes in. "Do the babies need to be fed?" I ask. "Yes please" she says. I grab Mia, I start feeding her. I see Jonah wait outside. I then put Mia down and pick Alexis up and feed her. "Thank you" The doctor says. I place them back on the beds. Jonah walks in as the doctor leaves. He hands me a chicken, lettuce and mayo sandwich. "You are the best" I say kissing him.

~~~
I walk out with Mia in my baby carrier and Jonah has Alexis. "I'll sit in the back and keep an eye on them" I say climb in the back. "You sure?" Jonah asks. "Promise" I say. Te car ride was easy, the girls slept during it. We walk into the house and see all of Jonah's family. I laugh as they all rush over to see the babies. "Meet Mia-Rose Marais and Alexis Belle Marais" I say. I see Carrie smile when I tell them their last names are Marais. Mia starts to cry. I take her an rock her back and forth, "I'll be back soon" I whisper tip toe silently upstairs.

I continue to rock Mia even though she stopped crying. Jonah walks in with Alexis. He wraps his arm around me, I keep my focus on the small child in my hands. "Let's head back down" Jonah says. I nod. I gently place a peaceful Mia in her crib. Jonah does the same with Alexis. I turn the baby monitor on and follow Jonah out. We all sit in the kitchen eating. Jonah's phone rings. "Excuse me" he says getting up. He walks into his office talking to the person in private.

"So who older?" Svea asks. "Mia" I say. "Girls the hotel is ready" Carrie says. "I don't wanna leave" Svea complains. "They can stay, if you don't mind" I say. "Thank you" Carrie says. Tim and her quickly walk out of the door. "You girls wanna go swimming?" I ask. Svea runs outside. "Hold up!" I exclaim and she freezes. "Get changed" I tell her. She walks into the bathroom and comes out seconds later with a bathing suit. "You an change upstairs, I'll be down here" I say. I walk out to the pool in what I am wearing, I do not feel like swimming right now.

I walk out and see Jonah watching Svea as Esther lays on a pool chair talking to him. "How are the girls?" I ask. . "They are good" he says making eye contact again. "Esther come join me!" Svea yells. I smile as Esther gets up and does a front flip into the pool. She play with Svea fro twenty minutes before climbing out. Jonah sits on a pool chair watching Svea play. I lay beside him. "Have I told you how amazing you are and how gorgeous you are?" he whispers into my ear. "A million times, but I don't mind" I reply. I hear the babies cries from the monitor. I jump up and run upstairs.

"Hey princess" I whisper holding Alexis as she cries. "You hungry?" I ask not expecting to get answer. I start feeding her as she calms down. "Everything ok?"Jonah asks coming in. "Just hungry" I say. "How are the girls?" I ask talking about Esther and Svea. "They are just getting changed and showering" Jonah says. "What was that phone call about?" I ask. "Earlier wen Carrie and Tim were here" I say to his confused face. "It was just David, nothing much" he says. "Ok" I say feeling like he's not telling me the full story. "I might go check on the girls" he says. I nod focusing my attention on my two girls both awake. "Hey princess" I whisper lowering my hand down to Mia. She plays with my pinky.

I smile and pick her up. I walk downstairs and find Jonah talking to Esther as Svea watches tv. "Hey" I say sitting beside Svea. "Hi" she says her eyes focused on the tv. "How is school, did you learn multiplication?" I ask. "Yep" she says. "You tired?" I ask. "Yeah" she says. "Hey babe" Jonah calls coming over. "Yeah?" I ask. "Mom wants me to drop of Esther and Svea then I need to see the boys" he says. "Ok" I say. "Love you" he says kissing me. "Love you" I say. He gets Svea and Esther sores and heads out.

I hold Mia in my arms. "Come on sweetie it's ok" I whisper. Her cries grow louder. I watch as Alexis stirs. I take a deep breath and try not to worry as I pick them both up and gentle rock them to sleep in mine and Jonah's bed.

It's now nine they stopped crying and are now peacefully sleeping "Come on I'm here" I say running back into the room. Mia is crying same with Alexis. "Where is Jonah?" I ask myself worried and annoyed he's out so late. I pick them up and go back to trying to soften their cries. What could David want that takes so long? I climb under the warm covers of the bed with the girls in my arm, I moved their cots to to the beside the bed. They fall asleep again and I gently put them back into their cots and lay in bed as I wait for Jonah.