Tournament of Roses

Third person POV

The morning light fell on Percy's face waking him. He slowly got up and rubbed his eyes and looked around and saw Kratos was already up and was reading a book.

Percy groggily asked

"What are you reading?"

"Oh, you are finally up. This is a book about Draugus, I went out early in the morning and found it in the library."

"Anything interesting?"

"A lot actually, But the main thing is we need to find some really good fighters here if we want to make it to the top".

"How dangerous is it going to be."

"According to this book on the journey up the mountain we will encounter several dangerous creatures but none can compare to the dragons at top of the mountain."

"Well looks like we have our work cut out for us."

"Now we need to buy you some clothes so you don't look out of place, how much money do you have."

"I am not sure what how much I have is worth."

"The main currency is silver drachmas. Then there are gold drachmas. One gold drachma is worth a thousand silver drachmas. Most of the items come under a hundred silver drachmas. A few more expensive items cost more than three hundred drachmas. So how much do you have?"

Percy smirked

"I have a lot of gold drachmas."

Percy really didn't want to explain how he got a bag full of unlimited gold drachmas.

"Alright then we should buy everything needed for the journey to Draugus like food water and supplies from here."

"How will we carry all of that?"

"The shop here sells magic items out of which one should be a bag which can carry and infinite number of items and still weigh like a normal empty bag."

"But what about my round in the tournament how much time do we have."

"I went early in in the morning, your round is the last one today, you will be facing someone called Galatea."

After that most of the morning was spent in shopping. Percy bought all the clothes he needed to fit in about five pairs. Then they bought around 20 canteens of water and a lot of different food.

All that only costed 4 gold drachmas. It surprised Percy how cheap all this was.

He was about to suggest buying a horse for the two of them, when he realised that Poseidon wasn't a god yet which meant horses didn't exist.

He really hates walking. He was also worried about the tournament. He didn't know which element to use.

According to Kratos most people could only master one element and
the really strong ones could master two.