Chapter 2 ~ The Assignment

Song: The Vamps - Somebody To You ft. Demi Lovato

___________

...ARLO...

Usually, we don't get this close and personal with our targets but this was a special case and required some time out of the shadows. With a mob boss dead, his daughters missing and a crime boss reported to be prostituting children - it needed a new angle. Every spy sent in to join the ranks has wound up dead, no new Intel had been received, so, we conduct ourselves as normal. We already have aliases when it comes to jobs like these ones, for years the name Gregorius Mannetti, arms dealer, has been whispered on the lips of men. Little did they know, Gregorius was my father's alias and is about to take up ownership via a new host... Me.

We entered into Eddie Murderman Muntz' strip joint, Tam and Zav flanking me with Tristan and Brady bringing up the rear, "Blitz you hear me?" I tested our device.

"Loud and clear Captain." Blitz hollered back through our earpieces.

My black pinstripe suit was tailored as were the others, Tam, however, chose to wear a corset and tight leather pants with her suit jacket, her guns clearly on display - just the way she liked it. Not only was she intimidating but she was alluring - a powerful combination.

"Can I help you, sir?" A young girl asked from behind the front desk.

"Your finest booth please," I waved her thirsty eyes off, she seemed of age and could not hide her clear appreciation of all of us.

"Right this way," she purred suggestively, the way she swayed her hips in front of me had me rolling my eyes subconsciously, I physically couldn't do it because I was in character, Gregorius Mannetti Junior to be exact. Women such as this one, were a dime a dozen, nothing particularly attractive or interesting.

She saw us to a booth and I grabbed her by the elbow, "tell your boss, Gregorius Mannetti is here will ya dollface?" she winked at me and ran her tongue along her bottom lip before leaving. I looked around and noticed more armed guards had entered the establishment, the place was filled with girls, all though, they seemed to be of age. That's when I spotted her, my her... the goddess at the intersection, my goddess. She seemed sad, forced, a completely different way about her. What is going on here?

She was surrounded by Eddie's men but her face held fire, anger and defiance. Her long caramel hair now straightened and she wore more makeup but yes, it was most definitely her. She adorned a full-length silver dress with a haltered plunging neckline; just hints of her breasts showing, her shoulders back and her head held high as they stop at the foot of the stage. Eddie grips her face hard and says something before she rips her head away from him and steps up.

She's glowering at Eddie Murderman Muntz, standing in front of the microphone. The girls on various poles and little stages throughout the club fall from view and all I can see is her. It's as if once again, the world had stopped and she and I were the only two left, her spotlight on and her music starts...

Her song was a message to herself, to remain strong. Why did he have her? Why was she here? Who the bloody hell is she? The questions swirled in my mind like a tornado with no chance of slowing down, I had seen her in hospital scrubs yet, here she stood with an angelic melody pouring from within her very soul.

"Gregorius Mannetti?" A whiny strident tone broke my concentration, yanking me back to the present.

"Junior, Gregorius Mannetti was my father." I corrected the dweeby pathetic man.

"My apologies, your father's reputation is legendary, though I have never met him..."

"I wouldn't be here if you had," I cut him off.