Chapter 4 ~ On our way

Song: G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I

___________

...Arlo...

I awoke to a knocking at my door. The sun was streaming through the windows as I get up off the couch and peeked over at the bed. Harlyn thankfully was still fast asleep under the covers - I heard her crying most of the night. I guess everything she had been through really stirred up her feelings and emotions. I opened the door...

"Mum, what are you doing here?" I surprise whispered.

"Your father informed me about what went down last night, I brought her some clothes and food for you both," she whispered back.

"Thanks, mum." I took the clothes from her and placed them on the floor, noticing a Victoria secret bag on top. "You brought her lingerie?" I yell whispered this time.

"Relax..." she chastised, "the girl is going to need underwear and bra's, every woman does. What do you think she wears Arlo, imaginary undergarments?"

"How do you know what size she is?"

"Tamelia guessed it," I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Of course she did, thanks, mum."

"Mmhhmm. We are all having dinner together tonight - bring the girl."

"Yes, mum but only if she wants too. She had a rough night last night and the shock of escape might still be crashing on her, so I'm not forcing it." I kissed her cheek, taking the tray of food from her hands and closed the door with my foot.

"Who was that?" Her sweet, sultry but morning husk wrapped itself around my ears.

"My mum, she lives over the other side of the mansion. Dad told her you were here." I placed the tray down on the bed and walked back to collect the clothes, lingerie and other bits and bobs. "Eat... she made us breakfast and got these for you," I tossed the stuff onto the bed, catching her rather puffy eyes and swollen and bruised face.

"Your mum brought me clothes?" She looked up at me in surprise.

"Well, you can keep wearing my shirts if you want to?" I shrugged. God, I have to get that thought out of my head before my cock follows suit. I nodded to the tray altering my focus, "what'd she cook us?"

Harlyn lifted the two covered trays, "is it too early in the relationship to declare my love for your mother?"

"That good huh?" She laughed, god her laugh is incredible.

"Bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, beans, mushrooms, sautéed spinach and toast served with coffee and orange juice. I think I just died and I'm in heaven."

"Christ, she did go all out." I flopped onto the bed beside her and picked up a fork.

"Does she do this for all the girls you bring home?" She teased.

"I've never brought a girl home," I stated, continuing to eat. I glanced up at her - she was frozen and staring at me. With big hazel eyes the size of saucers, even through her damaged face, she was shocked.

"Ever?" She whispers.

"Nnooo," I drawled out nervously.

"So, where do you take girls to fuck?" I almost choked on my mouthful.

"Excuse me?"

"You don't... have to answer that, I just presumed... ah, but if you're a virgin..." she shoved eggs and hash browns into her jittery mouth, cutting herself off.

"N-no, I'm not... you thought I was a vir... ya know what, it's fine, I was just a little thrown that's all, it's been a few years and work keeps me busy... so there's not a lot of action happening in my life," I furrowed my brow. "God that just sounds pathetic and lame."