Chapter 7

We arrived at the paddock, and all of us climbed out of the car. The paddock was very large. 

"Here we are" Claire said. 

"What is this?" I asked.

"Our new dinosaur.  It's called the Indominus Rex" Claire said.

"What do we need to know?" Owen asked. 

"The dinosaur is a genetically modified hybrid, and she is a female" Claire said. 

"Wait, a what?" I asked. 

All three of us came into the control room of the paddock.  There were glass windows inside, so that we could look outside into the paddock.  All I saw were trees inside, but where was the dinosaur?

"Where is it?" I asked. 

"Drop some food for it" Claire said, looking at the worker. 

The worker was in the room with us.  He hit a button, and a large piece dropped down inside the paddock, as it was on a hook.  No dinosaur was to be seen.

"What is this made of?" I asked. 

"Some genes of a T-Rex, but the rest is confidential"  Claire said. 

"Hah, you don't even know what it is" Owen said, chuckling. 

"Do a thermal scan" Claire said, to the worker. 

The worker hit another button.  The thermal scan appeared to not find the dinosaur. 

"Where is she?" The worker asked. 

"Hey, what's with the claw marks?" Owen asked. 

"Oh no, I think she escaped.  I'll go track her from the main control room" Claire said. 

Claire took off and ran to her car.  Me, Owen, and two of the workers went inside the paddock.  I stayed close to Owen. 

Owen examined the claw marks on the wall.  We all began to wonder how the dinosaur escaped. 

"How could she climb out like that?" I asked. 

"What did they make in that lab?" Owen asked. 

Then, the worker's walkie talkie went off. 

"The dinosaur is in the cage!" A woman cried. 

"Run!" Owen cried. 

Owen grabbed my hand, and we ran towards the security door.  But, we were stopped by the Indominus Rex. Owen and I turned around and ran for the gate.  One worker opened the gate, as Owen and I were running towards the gate.  The dinosaur was chasing us. 

The one worker ran out of the paddock. Owen and I made it out, but the dinosaur still chased us.  But then, I tripped and fell, letting go of Owen's hand. 

"CARLY!" Owen cried.

"OWEN!" I cried. 

"I'll find you!" Owen cried. 

Owen hid under a truck. I stood and ran to hide in a shed, closing the door behind me.  I heard the dinosaur growl and roar.  I was scared for my life.  I hoped that Owen was okay.  I was worried about him. 

Then, I heard the dinosaur go in another direction.  She was going away.  I started to cry tears of relief, since the dinosaur was gone. 

"Carly!" Owen said, in a soft tone. 

I heard his sweet voice, which helped me calm down.  I opened the shed door, and walked out.  There stood Owen.  I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. 

"Owen" I said, crying. 

"It's okay.  I'm here with you" Owen said. 

Owen held me tightly in his arms, and stroked my long dark brown hair. 

"You and me are getting out of here alive.  I won't let anything happen to you" Owen said. 

"I trust you" I said. 

Owen kissed me, as a promise.  Owen and I climbed into a car, and rode off to the park.  A dinosaur had broken out of containment.  We had to get off the island.

NOTE:  More chapters are coming!  Hope you all are enjoying the story!

All rights of the pic (Above) go to Jurassic World, Universal Studios, and Bing. 

Link for the pic:   http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/39000000/Owen-Grady-jurassic-world-39030655-1280-640.jpg