ix. full moon

☽彡

☽彡

Peter sat Umbriel on his bed as he went to his bathroom to get the first aid kit. Umbriel sat up and started coughing. She took her hand and felt her neck. Umbriel winced at the feeling of her neck.

She tried to speak but every time she opened her mouth, her throat stinged. All Umbriel could think about how Vulture held her neck. She felt so weak and how unhelpful she was; feeling vulnerable against him.

"Hey" Umbriel looked up and saw Peter in front of her. "Are you okay?" Peter said as he got bandages for her cuts. "i-" All Umbriel could say as Peter look up to her and saw her teary eyes. "Hey.. look you did great out there" Peter said with reassurance. He smiled to her as he continued to treat her.

Umbriel tried to push back her tears. Peter saw her looking down, he could tell she was about to cry. Peter was done treating her as he put the kit aside and sat next to her.

"Bri, you are the strongest person i know. You were really brave fighting against Vulture." Peter said as he grabbed her hand.

Peter put his hand on her cheek, Umbriel and Peter started to lean in and close the gap between them. They both wanted to continue their kiss, all that matter between them two that they had each other.

Peter gave Umbriel an ice pack for her neck, Peter went to go change as Umbriel went to go call her mom. "Hey mom, i'm going to sleepover Liz's tonight." Umbriel said with a raspy voice.

"Umbriel? What's wrong with your voice? Are you okay?"

"Yea, Mom I'm okay, just lost it when screaming all night. So don't worry about me." Umbriel said as she said her goodbyes.

Umbriel changed back into her regular clothes, which was her homecoming dress. Peter came back out from the bathroom and saw Umbriel. "Wow" Peter said as Umbriel turned and saw his admiring eyes.

"You look great tonight" Peter said as he got a oversized shirt from his dresser and gave it to Umbriel. "Thanks" Umbriel blushed as she went to the bathroom and changed. As Umbriel changed into the shirt, she saw all the bruises on her body.

Umbriel went out the bathroom and saw Peter tinkering his webshooters.