Prologue

I'm gonna be posting chapters of this story one by one because I changed all of it (the plot, etc) so it'd be a little weird to post them all at once in my opinion.

Enjoy the new and improved book yall

***

He took his hand and punched my dad across the face, making him spit blood onto the floor in response.

"Please! I'll give you everything our family owns! The mob, the money, the houses, the cars!" I attempted to bribe him in order for him to let go of my parents, who, were tied up, unable to move.

I watched as he kissed his teeth and I knew he was about to decline the offer. "Not gonna do shit if you ask me. They're done for. Nothin' more to do, kiddo."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname because I wasn't anywhere near a kid. A kid wouldn't have been forced to kill so many people, all because someone owed their family some money or someone did something that they disliked- but it's the joy of the kill that allows me to continue with my doings.

I stuck to the sad act, not wanting him to do any more than what he had already done and what he was about to do. "I beg you, Scott. I'll do anything!"

"Enough, Lia!" Before I could even say anything else, he cocked his gun. "That's it." He breathed and all I heard after that were two loud bangs, almost deafening me.

I've never been more afraid of gunshots in my life, having heard too many to count in my entire life. Some were shot by me, some by my parents. I flinched as soon as he pulled the trigger the first time and refused to open my eyes after he had done so. He took a long pause and finally emptied out the gun, shooting the remaining bullets at plain old nothing. I heard the heavy metal drop onto the ground which echoed throughout the whole room.

"I'll uh give you some quality time with the folks." His Oxfords clicked against the floor as he left the room, closing the door loudly.

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to god this was all a horrible dream, but I knew that I've never had a bad dream in years. It was unlikely for me to have a random nightmare but this nightmare was my life.

I opened my eyes after debating with myself whether I should wait until Scott Brady comes back with his mob, escorting me out, or if I should open my eyes and face reality. Sitting there, lifeless and cold, were my parents. They sat in the same chair that they were tied up to, still being tied up. I could see the rope digging into their skin, surely leaving nasty, red marks that'd sting if they were conscious.

And for the first time ever, a tear was forming at the brim of my eyes and fell out without any warning. Their faces were stained in red that I'd usually call beautiful if it wasn't their blood that I had to look at, but it was. The crimson pigmented liquid didn't appeal to me at all for the first time ever.

If my parents were here, hell, if my brother was here, he'd call me a pussy, unworthy of taking over the mob once mum and dad's time was up. Now, the mob is in my hands and I can't object against it. I own London's strongest, yet sneakiest mob, all while barely being an adult. According to the government, I'm an adult, but my age still has the word 'teen' in it.

The door swung open and I quickly wiped away all the tears that were on my face. "Sharpe's getting soft, aye?" Scott scoffed at the sight of me. "Funny to think, just a few days ago, the kid was threatening to kill me. Look who has more of the power now."

"Are you gonna let me go, big guy?" I sighed and spat out the blood that pooled in my mouth from what he had done to me beforehand.

He looked at his men and did a little hand gesture, telling them to escort me. "And tell the others to take care of those two." He whispered to one of his men, obviously meaning my, now deceased, parents.

Two of his men approached me and lifted me off the ground with a lot of strength. They were dressed in black skin tight shirts, showing off their mediocre muscles, and black boots that made noise every time they walked. If I ever had the chance to dress my family's men, I would have chosen a better outfit than that. They looked like cheap security guards at a club that would never guess that a group of underaged people walked in under their noses. If only his men wore black polarized sunglasses. That'd complete the whole cheap look immensely. I almost laughed at how ridiculous one could let their men dress like. I'm so glad my parents were in their right mind when choosing the attire for our men.

More of Brady's men came along to escort me out of the room, just in case I was going to pull something on them. With all the energy that I lost from previous events today, the last thing I'd do is think of an escape plan or try something on them. They already took three things that I actually cared about on this Earth. What more could they desire from me? If they get rid of me and let me live, that'd be the wiser choice than to take more from me for their own pleasure.

Author: updates might be really slow cuz the book 'trapped' is the bigger priority for me rn and I have more ideas for it than this. I'm so sorry :// but I will try my best to post as much as I can. Please be patient with me or go over and read 'trapped' while you wait IF i take long