1.

I sat at my desk, eyeing the man that sat in front of me. Sweat was dripping from his forehead from fear. Every now and then, he'd wipe the sweat away with the back of his hand. He sat up straight, afraid to get too comfortable in my office for my liking. He was already knee-deep into quicksand, slowly allowing it dry around him, trapping him with no movements to perform. What other mess could someone possibly want to get themselves into with a hundred messes on their back already?

I cleared my throat, indicating that I was about to speak. "So tell me, where's the money, Mr. Colby?"

"I-I don't have it. I swear, I'll give it to you by Thursday, I promise." He spoke too quickly.

I pursed my lips, chuckling a bit, looking down at the table and back at him. "Funny you say that 'cause you've been telling yourself the same thing every week. A month has gone by. I want the money right now or tomorrow!" I slammed my hands against the table, frightening him by the sudden action.

He had nothing else to say, scared for his life about what I was about to request for him. I looked at my men as they stood up straight, waiting for instructions. I nodded my head at them, indicating that they were allowed to lock him up in the chamber while I get ready to deal with Andrew Colby.

They grabbed his arms and lifted him off of the chair. He had a pleading look on his face, knowing that he got himself into this after dealing with a mob, London's strongest mob. As Colby and my men left the room, I stood up and stretched a bit, tired of all the work. I sat back down after stretching out my arms and legs, instantly looking through information on my laptop.

Thankfully, I had the mob help me find files about Andrew Colby beforehand. I opened it up, only to be welcomed with his face at the top left corner of the page. He seemed to be at some Christmas party, having on a Christmas jumper on with reindeer and sleigh bells. The background was filled with the sight of nothing except people. He had a smile plastered to his face that he hadn't put on ever since he got here, understandably.

Basic information such as his name, birthday, hometown, age, height, and weight were included just under the photo. Beside all of that, on the right, was a paragraph, followed my another. I only read the highlighted parts which gave me enough information to know about him and his life. He has a son that doesn't know who his father is and has a drug history that consists of codeine and xanax.

I sighed and knew he had no good reason to not have enough money, other than abusing drugs. He hadn't even made contact with his son in his whole life so there's no reason why the money's nonexistent. I slammed the screen shut and made my way to the chamber on the first floor of my house. I opened the door to the room and saw him being accompanied by four of my men.

Without any single word, I rolled my sleeves up slowly and punched the man in his face several times. His feet and arms were tied up to the chair, being useless. I stepped back and looked at the guy, face bloodied, lip split open, nose bleeding.

"Think I'll show you some mercy. Would you like that?" I asked the older man who nodded his head in response.

I smirked, knowing that he was too innocent to know what I meant by 'showing him some mercy'. My men knew exactly what that meant and followed me out of the room.

"Untie me! You said you'd show me mercy!" He cried out, knowing I was about to leave him alone in this room with no windows. Just a twin sized bed in the corner, a toilet, a basin, and a chair. Maybe too luxurious for him but it'll do.

I turned back to him as I was right in front of the door. "Fine. Untie him." I ordered my men who were quick to follow.

He rubbed his wrists that had red patterns dented into his skin. "Now can I get something to eat?" He demanded.