7.

"Listen, we need to talk." I began.

He smirked, clearly finding it funny while I didn't. "Really? I thought we came in here for fun." His sarcasm wasn't fitting the moment and he didn't know of it.

"Seriously." I looked him dead in the eyes, wanting him to know that this was serious and I wasn't in the mood for his jokes or sarcasm. I wasn't in the mood for him to try and become closer with me either. "I need to tell you something."

His face dropped immediately as he heard what I had just said. His confident barrier fell so easily and his nervous interior was showing. "I-is it about my work ethic? Because I swear, I'm trying my best. I may get a few things wrong bu—"

I interrupted him, knowing that he had the wrong impression of things. "No, Tom. This is about your family."

I could tell that his heart had beat out of his chest. The idea of one of them being hurt or in danger was racing through his head but little did he know that it was five of them that were in danger, all because of one. "W-what happened? Are they alright?"

I could see his eyes glossing over but I knew that tears weren't going to roll down his cheeks that easily. "Yes, as far as I know." I breathed. "But it's not that." I gulped but tried my best to hide it, not wanting him to get the impression that he was intimidating to me.

"Then what is it?" He seemed genuinely concerned and anxious—normal for anyone in his situation.

"I—," I paused for a while, unsure if I should tell him or not, "I just wanted to ask if they're okay with you moving in."

Adrenaline rushed through me as I knew that I had just lied to him. I was about to ask him if he knew about anything sketchy going on in his family, particularly about his dad. That clearly did not come out of my lips and his mood had become better than it was a few seconds ago. I didn't want to kill his vibe again so I decided to go along with this story.

"Uh yeah. I told them about it yesterday but I didn't tell them that I got evicted... or who you are... I only told them that I'm moving in with a friend who's going to be my roommate."

I smiled lightly. "Great."

He smiled back, mirroring my facial expression. "So uh I gotta get back to working..."

I gestured towards the door, wanting to say that he should just go ahead and head back to working. He nodded and waved before leaving, closing the door softly and slowly. I sighed as he closed it and was about to punch a wall. It was safe to say that this time, I was pissed at myself and myself only. The blame all goes to me if anything happens to the Hollands because of Dom, even if they didn't know that Dom's a threat. I'd be the one to blame for not telling them about Dom before it's too late.

For all I know, Dom could lose the house he has or become involved with the law if someone decides to rat him out. That wouldn't be good for any of us because Tom's family might ask if they could stay with him—with his roommate. Then what will I do? He lied about his living situation and if his parents find out, he'll drive himself into a dead end and corner himself.

***

I was stressing over the workload that I had for the day. I had two meetings and tons of paperwork to do so I had to keep working. I knew that both meetings would be an hour each and was prepared to sit through them both. They were obviously about business and one was about selling one of my properties to a man named Wesley Simmons.

Wesley Simmons was a household name but not in every neighbourhood. He was only a household name in the north of London. He was mostly known for being a wealthy man, yet he wasn't a sinister person. He didn't run a mob of any sort and fear didn't run through the veins of anyone who even so as said his name out loud. Instead, their minds filled with joy and such at the millionaire philanthropist. If anything, he would never ever hurt a small fly in his entire existence on this earth. It wasn't that he was too scared or grossed out about it, but because he was simply too kind to do anything like that.