5.

Tom was making some beer for himself, tired of the temptation of wanting to just have a drink even if he would get caught. He hadn't had beer since his first day at the bar which was two days ago, sneaking it in on his break. This time, he was still working, yet he was about to drink a whole pint of beer.

"Thanks." A woman said to Elena as she served her a margarita.

Elena smiled as she turned around to see Tom pouring himself some beer from the dispenser. She chuckled at how he filled it to the top and made sure not to spill any.

"What're you doing?" Tom turned around with the glass gripped in his hand, filled to the rim with the orange-yellow drink.

He took a sip of the beer and sighed, relieved of finally drinking some. "I'm planning your death." His words were drenched in sarcasm as he looked Elena dead in the eye, no trace of a grin on his face.

She rolled her eyes but her lips arched at Tom's words too. "Seriously? Now?" She pointed at the beverage in his hand.

"What? I can't live without beer." He stated as he kept drinking the beer in his hand. "Oh! That reminds me, I talked to Lia."

She crossed her arms, wanting Tom to tell her that she probably yelled at him or got pissed at the request of extra cash for Elena's voluntary extra hours. "And?" Her left eyebrow rose up on her face.

He licked his lips, wanting to taste all of the drink. "Well, she said yes."

"I told you s- wait, what did you say?"

"Lia said yes. She'll give you extra bucks." Tom shrugged, knowing how much Elena was kicking herself inside, being proven wrong.

Her eyes widened as Tom confirmed that what she heard in the first place wasn't wrong. "You're kidding."

He shook his head as he already finished drinking from the tall glass. "No, I'm adulting. I'm twenty-two so I'm legally not a kid. I wouldn't be drinking if I was an infant." He joked, wanting to get on her nerves.

"Fuck's sake. For real though, say word."

"Word. She was chill 'bout it too."

Elena rubbed her eyes, not expecting to have the conversation turn to this route instead of the one she was expecting. "Do you know how many people have asked her for shit like that and she denied?"

He shrugged as he put the glass with the other dirty glasses that they had from customers, waiting to be cleaned. "I dunno. She didn't hesitate or think about it either."

Elena wiggled her eyes and looked Tom up and down. "Someone's making their way into a mob boss' pants."

Tom rolled his eyes and leaned his arm on the counter. "Not a chance. She would never let me anyway."

"Say, Tom, would you take the chance if she was interested?" A customer happened to have showed up as Tom and Elena were conferring about Lia.

He pursed his lips, a way of showing that he was really thinking about what he was going to say and what his answer would be, unsure about the answer himself. He bit his lip before finally deciding what to say to Elena, not wanting to leave her hanging or curious.