4.

"And what is it that you want again?" I said to the man sitting in front of me.

"Just some more money, you know?" He told me. I could tell that he felt a bit intimidated but could also tell that he wasn't intimidated enough for my liking.

I cackled at his confidence. "More money, hm? How much?"

"A couple hundred. Maybe $600."

I removed my feet from resting on my desk and sat up straight with my hands on the table as if I had just slammed them against it. "Are you sure? And what for? Because you spent it on useless shit?"

He gulped but tried to push the fear away from himself. "Listen, you wanna be satisfied with me, give me the money. I won't ever ask for a vacation day or a raise after this."

"Okay, let me think about it." I looked to the top corner of and pretended to look like I was giving this all a thought. "How about no. You still want the money though, right?"

He nodded his head hesitantly, not wanting to talk anymore. I chuckled as I could now sense the amount of fear that I desired towards me.

"You're really in for a treat then, my love." My lips arched into a mischievous smile as he had no idea what I had planned in my head for him.

I opened one of my desk drawers and stared into it, looking at all the things that were neatly placed and organized in it. My eyes scanned for the thing I had in mind until I finally found it. I picked it up and kept it low, under the desk, so that he couldn't see it.

I stared at the pocket knife for a bit before pushing the little nub on the blade so that I could untuck the blade from the handle. I eyed the silver coloured blade and flipped it around, wanting to give it a nice look before getting into business. The man watched me, scared and dying of anticipating on what was going to happen next. He had no idea what was under the table and what would slowly cut through his tanned skin in a few minutes—or even seconds.

I finally stood up from the desk, still holding the pocket knife low and away from his view. I walked towards him, heels clicking on the ground slowly. I finally revealed what I was holding in my other hand and his eyes free wider, full of fear.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I brought the blade up to my hands and traced the lines on my palm with the side of the blade, making sure not to cut myself. "So sharp, shiny, powerful..." I trailed off with my words and my voice seemed to be more of a whisper as I neared him, behind the chair that he was sitting on.

"You don't have to do this." He swallowed the lump in his throat as he knew I was standing behind him.

The man knew that I could do anything and catch him off guard without him even seeing it. I could catch him by surprise and pull out a gun instead of using the knife or I could place the knife in his neck, ruthlessly. I had so much control over him and he knew this. He wanted this all to just pass by, whether he come out of the room alive or deceased. He didn't care which one it was because he knew that he was screwed as soon as he entered my office. He knew that I'd decline his offer and he knew that I'd have other plans in my head, but that didn't stop him from asking anyway. Nonetheless, it was too late for him to back out of the situation because he realized what a huge mistake this was when he proposed the idea of receiving $600 extra.

Lia was already paying the man at a price just above minimum wage. She knew which nightclub he worked at and what exactly his position was. He was one of the security guards who has been loyal to the mob and the nightclub. For someone with much loyalty, you'd certainly give them the money, right? For being a multimillionaire, it wouldn't even make a dent, would it?