One

Alexis' POV

God I can't believe I let him get to me like that. He's just a grade A certified asshole. He's lower than me in the rankings yet I still let his words get to me. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Oh look, its the girl that thinks she can be a SEAL." I turned my head and rolled my eyes at Todd, deciding today was just not the day to be messing with me.

"Oh look, its the prick that thinks he's better than me even though I'm ranked first and he's second."

"Oooohhhh," A few of the guys around us yelled, laughing at what I said to him.

"Shut up, bitch. I'm going to be first before you know it and you'll wish you never said that," anger evident in his voice as he shot daggers at me. If looks could kill, I would have been dead.

"You wish you were as good as me." That set him off as he came closer to my face, glaring down at me.

Our height difference was pretty comical, him being a whopping 6'2 and myself being a mere 5'6.

"I will always be better than you, Dawson."

"Yeah? Then how come you're second?"

My military training paid off as I saw him load his fist back, looking towards my mid section. I ducked out of the way as his fist came hurdling towards me. I kicked my foot out and he stumbled back, giving me the advantage as I swung my fist into his face. A loud crack was heard as he fell to the ground.

"What the fuck is going on in here?!"

Now here I was, running around the base, trying to get my anger out. One punch wasn't enough. I knew that. But the Commander quickly came out of hiding and bounced both of us out of training for the day. Now I get to suffer because that prick decided to fuck with me.

A newfound anger hit me in a wave and I sped up my feet as I was now sprinting around the base. Stupid prick needs to mind his own business. I just want to get through with training and become a SEAL.

To my right, there were a few people standing around as they looked to my left. So, naturally, I turned to my left and couldn't help but smile. There was Bravo team, in all of their glory, getting ready for a mission.

They were rockstars on this base. They were who I wanted to become. I stopped running and watched as they boarded their flight, some looking around as others just got on the plane.

The one thing that caught my eye was the beautiful Belgian Malinois waiting to get on the flight. The dog looked around for a little bit, and started wagging its tail when a man with curly brown locks went up to it. The man started petting the dog and they both boarded the flight together.

This is what I've been training all my life for. That moment right there. I saw it happen, and now, I want it more than ever. Nothing was going to stop me from being a SEAL on Bravo team. Nothing.

So I turned, and continued running, deciding to go apologize to my Commander. Being on his bad side meant training would be hell. We were nearing the end of our training which meant the dreaded test that would push us to our absolute brink.

I tried not to think about what was ahead and instead focused on the present. I walked into the training facility and saw Commander Smith talking to a few other people. I waited until they walked away to go up to him.

"Commander Smith," I got his attention as I walked closer to him.

"Dawson, I told you, you're done for today. Leave."

"Sir, I just wanted to apologize for my actions. I let someone of lesser importance impact my thinking and I can assure you that I will not let it happen again."

He stood there, looking thoughtfully at me for a second. "I hope you're ready for tomorrow."

With that, he walked away and left me by myself with my own thoughts.

The next day

"At least that part is over, I didn't think it could get any worse," Todd complained as we drove back to the base. I must agree with him though. They really pushed us to our breaking point.

All of a sudden, a huge crash came, and we were thrown around the back of the truck, trying to find something to grab onto. The back doors were thrown open and an arm roughly grabbed me and threw a bag over my head. My instincts kicked in and I flailed around in the arms holding me captive. No. Not like this.

After ten minuets of trying to release myself, I was throw into a cell. After a few seconds, I looked around and saw the six other guys on green team. All in cages as well. We all looked at each other with shock, but looked away when we heard a familiar voice.

"Welcome to hell. The next seventy two hours are going to push you to the ultimate breaking point. You will be treated like prisoners and nothing more. This will decide whether or not you're ready to take on the duties of a Navy SEAL. You will not hurt your captors and you WILL play the part."

Commander Smith kicked the door of my cage and stared down at me. I glared back at him and he broke eye contact, looking around the room.

"Good luck." As soon as he left, there was a loud noise coming from the speakers around us. A baby crying. But he wouldn't stop crying.

"God, SHUT IT UP!" Todd complained after a few minutes of the screaming. But we all knew our torture was nowhere near over.

"Just block it out." I said, taking my own advice. It actually worked, my thoughts taking over the loud noise. I had to do this.

After what felt like hours of the torture, the screaming stopped and all that could be heard was the sound of our breathing.

All of a sudden, people came out and opened our cages, dragging us in all different directions. I was dragged to the left and Todd was dragged to this right. Good. I hope he quits.

I was brought into a dark room and tied down to a chair. Three people were surrounding me, two of them masked and one I could see clearly.

"So. Who do you work for?"

I knew this was all apart of training. But it felt too real. I also knew that, training or not, I would never surrender my team or my country.

"I don't know what you mean."

"The people you were with before we grabbed you. Who are they?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I played it cool and gave him a cocky smirk, which I guess was the wrong thing to do.

Quickly, he pushed his fist into my mid section, causing me to hunch over and groan. The back of my hair was grabbed and he was snarling at me now, pulling my hair so I looked him in the eyes.

"I'm not going to ask you again."

I took my chances and spit in his face, causing a fist to connect with my jaw.

This was going to be a long three days.