Five

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!!" I heard a loud voice and groaned, pulling my pillow over my head trying to block out the sound.

"Fuck off," I mumbled, trying to fall back asleep. I felt the pillow get pulled off my head.

"Fine, we'll do it the hard way." All of a sudden, I was repeatedly hit with that same pillow. Over and over again it smacked into me.

"FINE! FUCK! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled, jumping out of bed, glaring at my bestfriend infront of me, holding said pillow.

"Good morning to you too sunshine." She smiled brightly.

I rolled my eyes, "Why the hell are you so hyper?" I looked at my clock. "It's Seven AM!"

"I had a great night last night, and YOU need to get ready for work. This is a big day, Alexis." She scolded me.

"Okay, mom. Didn't know I was still living with you."

"Yeah yeah shut up. I'm making you breakfast. So hurry up or it'll get cold."

She walked out of the room, allowing me to step into my bathroom and shower. About ten minutes later I was done and stepping out, wrapping my towel around my body. I stepped into my room and threw on a pair of black leggings and a large US Navy shirt.

I walked into the kitchen after leaving my room and filled up Bear's food bowl, him immediately chowing down.

I smelled the eggs and bacon before I saw it and smiled. She really was the best. I sat at the island in the kitchen, where a cup of orange juice was already waiting. Two minutes later, she set down a plate full of bacon, eggs, and toast infront of me.

"Thank you, you're the best and I love you." I smiled at her.

"Psh, I already know this. I love you too though. Now hurry up and eat. Can't be late on your first day."

With that, I ate quickly and drank my juice. I placed my dishes in the sink and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Alright, I'll see you later. We might have to go out later for a celebratory drink." I then bent down to Bear's level. "I'll be back later boy. Be good. I love you."

I smiled and grabbed my keys, walking out the door, making sure to lock it behind me. I walked to my car, my nerves getting the best of me, my hands shaking. As I started my car, I took a deep breath and willed myself to calm down.

When I got to the base, I walked in the gym to get some last minute work outs in. Of course, everyone from my team was there as well.

"Yo, Dawson, over here!" Chad Kelly waved me over to where everyone was. Including Todd. I really didn't want to deal with him.

"What's up Sad Chad?" I smirked, walking to stand next to him.

"What's up with me? What's up with you? Haven't seen you since, well you know." His eyebrows raised, referring to our seventy two hours of hell.

"Ah, just been chilling honestly. Been training a bit too."

"Smart, we all know you need the extra training." And there was that voice I hated. "You nervous for the draft?"

"Now why would I be nervous, Parker? I know my capabilities. Obviously, you don't since they're still better than yours. You upset a girl was outranking you?"

I saw his eye twitch at my words, a fist forming. But surprisingly he didn't swing at me. "Exactly. WAS outranking me. Past tense sweetheart." He winked at me and I had never felt more disgusted.

I made a fake gagging noise, hunching over and turning to Chad, "Man, did you smell that? The bullshit running out of Parker's mouth? It's honestly atrocious. I think I'm gonna puke." Chad laughed and fist bumps me.

"Whatever bitch, we'll see who gets the last laugh when Bravo team chooses me over you."

"In your dreams, fucking loser," I stated with a smile and turned around, going to train on my own. I decided to practice the moves Brock taught me.

After an hour of training, my phone rang. The name Curly was plastered on the screen, my phone vibrating in my hand. I swiped right and put the phone to my ear.

"Why hello Curly."

I heard him chuckle through the phone, "Hey there. What are you up to?"

"Oh you know, just getting some last minute training in before the results from the draft arrive."

"Practicing what we talked about?"

"But of course. Whats up with you?"

"Nothing, just wanted to see if you wanted to do anything. I want to introduce you to someone, if you have time."

"For you, Curly, I'll always have time."

He laughed and I could picture the smile on his face, "Good to know. Meet you by the main concourse?"

"Sounds like a plan. See you in a few Curly, bye."

"Bye beautiful."

I smiled and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" I rolled my eyes, turning around to face Todd.

"How about none of your business?" I glared at him, getting my stuff together. He reached out to grab me but I glared at his hand this time and I think he got the message, because he pulled his hand back and left it at his side. "Now, goodbye. Hope I never see you again."

I turned and walked out, really wanting my words to come true. If I ever saw him again it would be too soon. Fucking prick.

After the five minute walk to the main concourse, I saw Brock standing there with his back to me. But he was not alone.

"And who is this cutie?" I gasped, looking at the dog standing next to Brock.

"Well, you already know who I am," he joked, causing me to laugh loudly. "This is Cerberus. Bear is yours, Cerberus is mine."

I bent down and he came right up to me, "He's beautiful," I couldn't help the smile on my face. It wouldn't leave. Dogs always have been and always will be my weakness.

"I think he likes you," Brock smiled as I showered Cerberus with affection. I think I like you.

I ignored my thoughts, "I hope so. He's just too freaking cute."

A phone chimed, and I knew that it wasn't mine. Brock pulled out his phone, and a frown etched across his face. "What's wrong?" He gave me a look that screamed guilt. I automatically knew what it was. "Hey, don't worry about it. Your job is very important. Go save some lives."

He genuinely smiled, "Pretty soon it will be your job too. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be expecting to hear about what team you're on whenever I get back. Hopefully you're on the best of the best." He gave me a wink.

"I hope so too. Have fun Curly. Bye Cerberus." I gave him a few last pets and Brock pulled me into a tight hug. This time it was I who gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Be safe. Both of you."

"Yes ma'am. See you in a few days." Brock smiled and the two walked away, leaving me thinking about what the hell I was doing. This was the worst possible time to even think about liking someone. I need to stay away. I haven't even made it on to a team yet. God forbid I make it on Bravo team, and have feelings for Brock. All that spells is: T-R-O-U-B-L-E. It could cloud my judgement in a situation that needs me to think clearly. Plus I couldn't even imagine the amount of trouble we could get in if someone finds out.

Short but I got a little surprise for next chapter. I've been feeling so inspired to write this story ever since Season 2 started. I love it and I can't wait to keep writing ahhhhh.

BTW PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK SO FAR. I LOVE READING COMMENTS AND REPLYING. I LOVE YALL.