Two

Alexis' POV

48 Hours Later

I stared straight ahead as the loud screaming music played on repeat. It was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves think. I have no idea how long we have been here but it feels like weeks. Not a single one of us have slept either.

I don't know about the others, but they haven't been able to get me to open my mouth. Even though I know its training, in a real situation, I would still give my life to protect my team. That's what loyalty means to me.

Todd was in the cage across from me, the same blank look on his face I'm sure is on mine.

I knew I needed sleep soon or my body was going to shut down. I have been hallucinating since the last two times they pulled me out of the cage.

I just can't wait for this to be over so I can sleep for a month. At this point, I am mentally and physically exhausted. They tried everything to get me to talk.

"Still going with your answer?"

I stared at him, agitated now. "I told you. I don't know what you're talking about. I was just walking on the road when one of your guys picked me-" Punch.

That one landed right under my left eye. Fucking asshole. I can't wait to get out of here so I can rip him a new one.

"Hey! Are you listening to me?!" Another punch into my ribs. I swear I heard a crack.

"I already told you what happened!" He shook his head and had the other two men put a rag over my face and they poured the water straight down my throat.

The worst way to die has got to be drowning. You can feel your lungs fill up with water, the burning sensation getting worse as you start to cough. Definitely the worst way to die.

"Now tell me the truth!"

"Actually, my mouths a little dry. Mind giving me a little water?"

I knew they had to have more in store for me. He looked determined as he threw me back in the cage.

But I couldn't think about what was waiting for me. I had to think about getting through this. Getting home to my best friend and my dog. That's the only thing on my mind.

But even that was short lived as my tormentor unlocked my cage and dragged me by my hair to the same room i've been in since this hell started.

"You don't wanna talk? Fine. Maybe this will get you to talk." The two men grabbed me and threw me into a cylindrical tube. They put the lid on and stood back as water began to fill up the tube.

Holy fuck, I might die. I could very much so die right now. But I can't.

"Ooh awesome, I love swimming."

The water was up to my midsection now. Honestly, I'm terrified. I mean yeah, it's just training and they probably won't kill me... but what if they do?

My thoughts got washed away as the water is now up to my neck. Maybe I should just let it happen. Accept the fact that they will never let me go until I talk and I will never talk. If I drown myself now, they can't crack me.

So thats what I did. I took my last breath of air and felt as my body floated down, my head becoming submerged under the water.

Something's you just don't have control over.

"Hey Alexis, does this dress make me look fat?" I rolled my eyes as Kayla stood in-front of me, twirling around.

"We've been over this. Not even a fat mirror could make you look fat." I took my time to actually look at the dress, the vibrant blue bringing out her eyes. "But honestly that dress looks beautiful on you. Got a hot date?" I winked at her.