Three

Alexis' POV

The past week has been torture. I mean obviously not as bad as actually being tortured. But still, torture. The team leaders of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo team have been picking their recruits.

Due to my cracked rib, I have been bed ridden until I start to feel better.

And alas, that day has come. I could finally take a deep breath without feeling sharp pains. This was progress.

Honestly, I don't think it really matters what team I'm on. Obviously, I would be happy anywhere.

But who wouldn't want to be on Bravo team?

Speaking of Bravo team, curly told me to text him when I was feeling better. I'd be lying if I say I hadn't been itching to text him all week. It was just something about those eyes.

So I took out my phone and looked at the paper of the number I have memorized by now.

Alexis
Hey, it's Alexis. Dawson. Uh you gave me your number and told me to text you when I started feeling better.

I sent it before I even had time to re read it. Wow, way to be awkward Alexis.

Curly
Wow, she finally speaks! Been waiting to hear from you lol. I don't think I ever mentioned my name, but its Brock. Reynolds.

A smile came to my face. Brock.

Alexis
Haha very funny. Brock, huh?

I decided not to change his contact name, Curly just fit him too well.

Curly
So you're feeling better then? Like completely? Cause I don't want any excuses when we square up in the ring later.

I rolled my eyes, quickly typing out a response.

Alexis
Yes, 100% better. You'll see that it is useless to try and change my swing when you see how hard I hit.

Curly
Gym. 15:00. See you then.

I looked at the clock to see it was only 12:50. That gave me about 3 hours. Slowly standing up from my bed, I stretched and moaned as I felt a cramp sting through my rib cage. Ignoring it, I hopped in the shower.

At 14:30 I put my toothbrush back in its place and sighed, looking at my outfit. I was wearing simple black gym shorts and a camo dri-fit shirt. My long, straight brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed out.

On my walk to the gym, I really started thinking about what I would do when I was selected to go on a team. If I would get selected. Who knows, maybe Todd will be at the top of the class. Maybe Bravo team chooses him instead of me.

I decided not to let the future determine the present as I walked into the gym, five minutes early. When I stepped in, I immediately looked for him. My eyes scanned over a few people, before landing on him in the far back corner.

I smirked and made my way to him. He hadn't noticed my presence yet, as he was setting up some equipment. I silently made my way right behind him, planning to whisper in his ear.

That plan, however was cut short when he immediately turned around.

"Well, you need to get better at being quiet. I could hear your footsteps from a mile away." He smirked at me, causing me to playfully glare at him.

"Whatever, let's get started," I said rolling my eyes. He let out a chuckle but agreed. "So whats first on the list?"

He raised his eyebrow at me, "First, you stretch. Don't ever perform any physical activity without stretching. You would pull a muscle or get cramps."