Oh, god no.

(Still Andrews point of view)

It's about 7am on a Sunday when I hear banging on the door. It's raining and I know it's way too early for most churches so there's no logical reason for anyone to be here this early but, given that it's a Sunday, I groan and roll out of bed to answer the door.

When I get there, Ryan's already at the door, trying to stay quiet as he argues with the other person.

"Uncle Ry?"

He spins around to face me, "go back to your room," he demands.

Just then, I see Mason holding his dads arm, my curiosity grows more intense as I step closer. Brendon rushes out of their room and grabs my arm pulling me back a bit. He's shaking his head and mouthing the word 'no', but I space out. I wiggle out of his grip and almost make it to the door when Ryan grabs me.

"I told you to go back to your-"

"Let me speak to him!" Masons dad, Aaron demands.

Ryan tenses up, "stay behind me," he whispers.

We both make our way to the door, I can see now that Mason's been crying, a large red mark on one of his cheeks. The sight alone makes me want to hug and comfort him but Uncle Ry told me to stay behind him so, I do. I look at Aaron who looks pissed, I cower down slightly.

"W-what's going on?" I ask, even though I have an idea of what's going on.

Aaron looks at Mason, more tears run down his face, "I... I'm not a s-sinning fa-faggot," he stutters, "that kiss meant n-nothing to me, and it can't-"

Aaron clears his throat loudly.

"W-wo-won't happen again... I'm moving upstate to live with my aunt in a couple weeks. I'd l-like for you to leave me alone fro-from now on..." he finishes.

I don't realize I'm crying until a stray tear lands on my foot, I come back to reality and quickly wipe my face before nodding quickly.

Aaron turns and quickly walks back to the car, leaving Mason on my porch with Ryan and I. Mason wipes his face, turns to look at his dad, then back to me. "I'm so sorry," he says genuinely, "I didn't think he'd react like this, I'm so sorry." He turns to leave.

As he's walking away, I do something else I never thought I'd do. I push past my uncle, spin mason around and kiss him with a force that scares both of us. I hear Aaron coming back, but I don't pull away. I hear someone walking at a fast pace behind me.

"Fucking faggot, I thought he told you- oof!"

I finally pull away from Mason to see Aaron falling to the ground and my uncle standing with his arms out.

Aaron stands up with an angry huff, not worried about the mud on his clothes.

"Mason!" He yells, "let's go!"

Mason looks at me shocked then lowers his head, "I'll see you later." He sniffles before turning around and walking towards his car.

Uncle Ry and I watch them leave, Ryan slightly in front of me, making sure Aaron doesn't come back and try to hurt me. Mason looks at me one last time before he buries his head in his hands, shoulders shaking. His dads smiling to himself and says something I can't make out. Then they drive away.

Brendon joins Ryan and I outside, walking up and hugging me tightly, "poor baby," he says sadly, "I'm sorry this happened, hun."

The hug turns out to be more comforting than I thought because I bury my face into his shirt and start sobbing uncontrollably. We stand outside for a few more minutes, before Brendon decides to pick me up and carry me to their room.

He set me down on their bed, when he sees that I'm making no attempt to get comfortable, he grabs a pillow from the head of their bed and hands it to me. That was probably the most I moved that whole day.

He sits beside me and grabs my hand, telling me it'll all be okay. I start crying again, it doesn't feel like it'll be okay. Ryan enters the room, handing me a cup of warm tea and ruffling my hair. I end up feeling a little better after the tea, just emotionally exhausted.

"I, uh, I'm going to head to bed." I say quietly.

Brendon's already asleep beside me, while my uncles on the other side. He nods, smiling before grabbing my hand and pulling me a bit closer.

"Andrew, don't be afraid to tell us things, okay?" He says, looking me in the eye, "we're here for you. I love you."

I tell him that I love him too and give him a quick hug before scampering off to my own room, crawling into bed and falling into a pretty restless sleep.

Short, I know. Read "Champion" to know why.