Oh boi it's a mermaid au

So I found out about this au at literally 4:20 in the morning, y'all know what I was doing! (Reading Boyf riends stories) but like I love it so here you go! Okay so like in this one it's the Boyf riends and like Jeremy is the mermado OwO~moose

Warning: attempted suicide then mentions of suicidal thoughts and actions

Swimming. Swimming, swimming, swimming. Swimming was all Jeremy could do. Swimming and watching people from under the docks, until the tide got to low and he had to go back to his home. Granted, he lived in a VERY nice underwater cave that was LIT WITH HIS FUCKING JEWELRY AND TREASURE. I guess you could call him a sea dragon, but he had a good reason: he wanted to sell it all so he could buy a spell and become human, cause swimming SUCKS (I'm sorry I live for swimming~moose). There was one human in particular that Jeremy loved watching. The way he walked was enticing, just the way he stood with his feet in the water while smoke rose up from his face. Did humans usually smoke? He came around every summer, then he'd leave for almost ten months. But today was the day that the boy was coming back. He would be standing at the shore any moment now, and after nearly twelve years he was gonna talk to him.

Michael sighed as he looked through the window. He couldn't wait to go down to the shore and get high, just stand with his feet in the water and let every mistake he'd ever made rise into the air with the smoke. The only problem with going down to the shore, he always felt like he was being watched. But that was just something he was used to, being watched and talked about and pushed around like he didn't exist. He didn't have friends, no one cared whether he lived or died. Michael scratched at the scars on his wrist as he walked to the shore. He kicked off his shoes and walked into the water, walking knee deep for the first time ever. Maybe he'd drown himself this summer. Maybe he'd make a friend. No, that'll never happen.

Jeremy swam to the dock, watching eagerly as the boy walked further and further into the water. It seemed odd, normally the humans in the water wore weirdly designed shorts or weird shirts and pants. Jeremy tilted his head as the boy completely submerged himself in the water, not surfacing for almost a full minute. The water rippled dangerously above where the boy sat. Jeremy finally realized what was happening, he sloppily and hurriedly swam to the boy, grabbing him and pulling him to the shore.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygodpleasebealivepleasebealivepleasebealive." Jeremy panicked, not knowing how to save the dying boy laying in front of him. Jeremy quickly sat his hands over the boy's chest, pulling himself up and pushing down repeatedly. A minute later, the boy coughed up water. Jeremy sighed in relief as the boy's eyes opened. "Are you okay? How do you feel? What happened? What'd you do that for?"

"W-who are you?" The boy's voice was hoarse. 

"M-my name's J-Jeremy! I'm sorry! I should've told you that before I asked you questions. But really, are you okay? Like, how, how do you feel?"

"I, I guess I feel okay. I'm Michael." Michael sat up.

"Of course your name's Michael. That's a perfect name for you." Jeremy swooned a little. Michael raised an eyebrow and blood rushed to Jeremy's face. "I-I MEAN THAT'S A NICE NAME."

"Thanks. I like the name Jeremy too." Michael crossed his legs. "So, where are you from?" 

"The ocean." Jeremy spoke as serious as possible.

"What?"

"Is that not a thing that normal people say?"

"Normally people say they're from New Jersey like me. What do you mean the ocean?" Michael was interested.

"W-well I shouldn't be showing this to the first human I've ever talked to but," Jeremy pulled himself more onto the sand and, where human legs would've sat was a dolphin tail. Michael's eyes widened and he didn't seem able to look away. Without even realizing it, Michael had reached his hand out and touched Jeremy's tail. Jeremy's face and chest turned scarlet as he realized the situation. The only human he'd ever fantasized about was touching his tail without jumping back in fear and screaming.