9

"Nk?" Arnav came in to get the sight of his helpless cousin looking at him with such happiness as if nothing had happened to him. As if he was perfectly fine. Arnav knew very well the everything wasn't perfectly fine. Nothing was fine on this special day of his. Special?! It turned out to be a terrible day. A useless woman was on the go behind him. Cornering him whenever possible. Making his manly strength feel vague because he cannot lose his character by slapping another woman who wasn't worth the loss. And then there was this freak accident where his brother was made the victim. He shuddered at the thought of his wife being on the bed. With the same scars. With the same disability. If it wasn't for Nk

"Hey Nannav!! What's up." Nk asked cheerfully.

"It's OK. You don't have to act."

Nk frowned. This businessman can never be fooled. He sighed.

"How is Khushi bhabhi.?" he asked

"How can you?" Arnav sat on the stool with a thump. Why is he so lucky to be surrounded by selfless people. His wife. His sister. His BROTHER! He wondered if he even deserved all this.

"Hey! Nannav relax. I'm fine. It was just an accident. I'm happy that it was me and not Khushi." he smiled at Arnav who face palmed himself.

"Hey listen! Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. I had promised myself to never let Khushi get hurt. I had promised to let every harsh incident pass me before it can be faced by her. If I failed, Nannav... Believe me I would never ever forgiven myself. I'd rather die than let her face it. That's how much I love her. "Arnav looked at him with slight shock.

" That's how much I love my sister. " Nk smiled. He knew exactly what his brother was thinking. He used to love Khushi during the time of Payashs wedding and Arnav was hell jealous of his flirtatious attitude. Now things have changed and Nk has adapted himself to these changes. His love is now directed to his newly found sister. Khushi. Everyone's Khushi.

Arnav smiled too. His wife was surrounded and protected by brothers and sisters all around who can go to heights to help her. He was content with the fact that his wife was safe and sound.

"Where are the rest.?" Nk asked silently. He was aware of the crying session because if this accident.

"They are out. Waiting to meet you. I'll call them" Nk nodded.

As the family came in with tear stained faces they all smiled slightly looking at Nk. All were there except one. Khushi. Arnav sighed. He signaled Nk to talk to the rest while he went and found out where Khushi was.

Arnav knew exactly where to find Khushi. Near her best friend. Near Devi Maiya. Confessing her heart out. Crying bitterly.

"Khu.." He couldn't complete. Khushi cane crashing on his chest. She obviously sensed him coming. Arnav wrapped her small frame in his large one and soothed her whispering sweet things in her ears.

"please calm down. Please Khushi!" He requested her. He could never see her crying. Never.

"It's all my fault I know! Everything that Nk has gone through. All the pain, injuries everything!!" And she started crying Again! Hugging him tight. Never wanting to let go.

"No Khushi! Please don't blame yourself... Wait! Come.!" and he took her to a nearby bench and made her sit.

"Listen to me carefully." She wiped her tears and looked at him.

" Stop blaming yourself! It's Not your fault. What ever happened was a fluke accident of which Nk became a victim..."

"No!" Khushi protested. "no! It was me! I was supposed to be the victim. ME!

" NO!. "This outburst from Arnav shut her completely." No! How can you even think of something like this! Nk gave his life to save you and you want to die?! Arent you happy about the fact that he is ALIVE? Have you even thought about what would happen if instead of Nk you were there? Under that chandelier? What would happen to our family? Di. Nani. Mam I. Mama ji. Payal . Akas. Your amma babuji buaji. What would happen to me?! Have thought about it Khushi?!" Arnav broke into tears. In fact both were crying holding each others hands.

" What about Nk? "She whispered.

" Nk is fine. Nothing will ever happen to him as long as I am there. I promise. "Arnav said. Khushi was soothed. Her husband can never ever give her a false promise. She had complete faith in him.  She nodded.

" Should we go? "He said regaining his poise. Wiping his tears and hers. He was successful in making her understand.

They left to nks room hand in hand.