17

All stood astounded at the transformation of their beloved daughter in law and son (Nk).

It was a good transformation though. They didnt like the fact that they were so approachable to unwanted guests who didnt treat them with any respect. The elders knew that being good is fine but being good and asserting your independence and frankness is even better and everyone should possess that ability in them. They were proud of how Nk supported his sister and how Khushi challenged Sheetal and her attitude without any fear. She knew she had her whole family supporting her.

.

Sometimes it's not the personality but the people with whom you are dealing that induces that changing instinct. After Sheetal is thrown out from their lives forever, Nk would return to his usual self again. Always cheerful with a terrible hindi. All this, until someone else walks in, inciting that transformation again.

.

Obsession had driven Sheetal to run behind Arnav like a dog would run behind a bone. The only difference is that a dog would stop at some point but Sheetal won't. It was an age old desire that turned into a malicious want. Any obsession is dangerous. It is a way for damaged people to damage themselves more.

.

Sheetal is a sick woman who needed rehabilitation. She just didn't believe it. For her it is everyone else who is against her and she had to fight for what she wanted. Even though it meant destroying someone else. This is the character of a sick human being. Who sees no one else except themselves.

.

Sheetal took short steps back. She knew her game was over. She would never be able to enter Shantivan again. Hell! She would never be allowed to step in AR. Arnavs possessiveness and hatred towards her would defeat her at all costs.
Such was the bond between each member of their family. And Sheetal could not bear all this. The amount of love that 'that uneducated chit of a girl' receives, she just cannot comprehend.

Why? What does she have that I dont? I'm beautiful. Sexy. Rich. Independent. Educated. Intelligent. Any man would come to me. But why not him?

She had one last plan that she had kept as the last resort. It was time to execute it she decided.

It's now or never!

.
.
.

Nk stood there glaring at her waiting for her to leave. He was humane enough to allow her to leave on her own. He wanted her to come to terms with the situation and digest the fact that she had lost.

.

Gritting her teeth Sheetal took out a gun swiftly from her bag and in split second a huge BANG! shook the foundations of Shantivan.

For the first time her target was actually achieved.

The bullet went straight into Khushis right side. She screamed as a burning pain shot through her nerves. She fell on the ground in agony.

"ARNAVJI!!!! AAAAHH...!"

She had least expected this stunt from Sheetal. This proved cannibalism as her predominant trait. A true human being would never do this. Not for the sake of a mere desire.

Everything happend in a blink of an eye that all the witnesses present there, took sometime to comprehend with the situation. Arnav was in a trance.

What just happened?

Khushis excruciating cry brought him back to reality.

"Aaahh!!"

"KHUSHI!!!!"

"KHUSHI BITIYA!!"

"KHUSHIJI!!"

All the members screamed in horror Nk came running to his sister who was on the verge of collapsing into unconsciousness.

"Khushi! Stay with me Dammit! Please!! Aankh khula rakhnaa please my jaan!" (Keep your eyes open My Life! Please) A weak Arnav cried out.
Alas! Khushi fell unconscious on his lap. Falling lifeless like a dead body.

His mind went back to that day on the cliff when he had almost lost her for the first time and his vain efforts trying to wake her up.

.

On the cliff when they were running away from Shyam and Khushi had fallen off, she had become unconscious with the force of the fall. That was the first time he suffered that heart ache at the very thought of losing her.

His body was cold and numb.

Mind blocked.

Whole body glistened with beads of perspiration.

His face was wet. With tears.

For the second time in his life he was crying at the prospect of losing someone.
First time he had cried when he saw his mother suiciding.
This time his Khushi was fighting death.

His hands worked tirelessly,
inspite of shivering profusely,
trying to wake her up.

Rubbing her hands.

Shaking her.

All in vain.

His heart had stopped beating.

This was the exact same scenario.
His shivering hands colliding with his racking heart requesting her to wake up. Storming heaven to shut its doors so Khushi can't enter. He needs her here. She cant just keave him like that. They still have loads of fights to fight. Loads of fun pending. And lots if times to do.

Please! Khushi! For my sake! Wake up. Please! I beg of you.

Lightly slapping her face in efforts of waking her up.

He could not afford to lose her! Not now! Not in a life time! Never!
They were bound together against all odds and they are meant to he together.

"Khushiji please uthiye!" Anjali shook her.( khushiji please wake up!)

"Bitiyta get up"

All tried their best to wake her up while a sobbing Nk called the ambulance immediately.

.

.

Sheetal stood there watching hue and cry with a devilish smirk. Finally!

Finally Khushi! I won! You've lost!

And she laughed. A loud sadistic sinful laugh.

"YESSS! YESSS KHUSHI! Now you can live a perfect life! In heaven! You will surely go to heaven for your MAHAN PERSONALITY! But you will be away from YOUR ARNAVJI! MY ARNAV! MRS ASR! Hahaha! See? I knew it! You can never win everytime! I've won this battle Mrs Asr. I mean ex.Mrs Asr" She bellowed barbarically.

.

.

.

.

"Not so soon Ms.Khanna."

Hope you liked the update. I will try to complete this book within 2 more chapters. 😁

Stay happy!
Stay healthy!

Meena. ❤

#Arshistan