Chapter 20 - Gathering Intel

Izumi pov:

"Alright the first thing we have to do now is raid the major bunkers Taheji's men are using to stay in the Capital. They are influencing people into going against the Blood Emperor so they have to be stopped first. From what the assassin samurai have gathered, some are camouflaging themselves as regular civilians and spreading unnecessary negative rumors about him while those who are actually going around threatening the civilians into following Taheji's wishes are living in these three inns." I said while pointing out to three locations on the map of Sei'an spread out in front of me. "The Elite Division will be responsible for raiding these places without the enemy having heard anything about it. Once they are in your custody, the Blood Emperor will decide how to get information from them."

"Your idea seems a bit too risky. We cannot just barge into those inns – we'll be noticed. That would give the enemy the chance to escape." Ichirou san commented.

"That's why I said you have to make it so you are not noticed." I said with a roll of my eyes. "If you ask me, I think you all should flow in at random intervals as if you are guests in the city and use some time to observe those living in the inn. I'm sure the enemy will be easy to spot from their body language as well as the length of their stay and the weapons they carry. As for the bunch spreading the rumors, I think you can figure out who they are too with some observation."

"I think we should be able to find the enemy easily." Koharu said with a nod. "But what about you, Izumi? You're not going to come with us on this mission?"

"No. I have something else to take care of." I answered with slightly narrow eyes.

"And what might that be?" Ichirou san questioned in scrutiny.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. Now let's get back to the main point." I said curtly. "Once you guys are done rounding off the enemy in these places, you should look around for the civilians who have been brainwashed – ones who have been influenced to stop supporting the Blood Emperor. When you meet them, you will have to find a way to 'un-hypnotize' them and bring them back to their senses. Of course, it's not going to be easy and..."

"I don't think you need to be telling us what to do till this level, Izumi. We are neither foolish to let the enemy get away with what they are doing not unaware of what to do about the civilians who have been influenced by their threats." Ichirou san said sounding quite annoyed.

"Oh? What's the matter, Shogun? Are you feeling embarrassed that your supposed-to-be subordinate is the one commanding the Elite Division now?" I said with a chuckle before narrowing my eyes responding rather roughly to his complaining. "Well, suck it up, because it the Blood Emperor's orders."

"Watch your words, Izumi! His Highness might have ordered you to command this mission but it does not mean you have authority over the Elite Division." He snapped back angrily.

"For your information, Shogun, I have been assigned to command this mission and the Elite Division because I was able to get information on Taheji's charades by myself, much before you could, that has avoided any major damage to His Highness' place on the throne." I said with a scoff and narrowed my eyes. "You don't know what I am capable of and this isn't the time to be getting all jealous or insulted. So clear your mind and concentrate on the mission."

It wasn't just the Shogun who was absolutely dumbfound by my words. Everyone in the room, everyone of the Elite Division were staring at me like I had grown a second head but as usual, Haji san was the first to chuckle and clap in amuse.

"What a speech, Sweetheart! I'm so impressed right now!" He said. "And not to disrespect you in any way, Shogun, but Sweetheart here did find out information before things could get out of hand. I mean, we all know what kind of person Taheji is and what he's capable of doing so...."