one.

___

___

Being the child of two well known CEOs meant moving frequently, something Mei didn't mind all that much. She didn't make many friends on purpose, but for the sole reason that she'd have to leave. However, the next move was to Seoul, and Mei was hopeful as she had always wanted to live there.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily as her alarm went off, and she begrudgingly went off to shower. Once she was completely ready, she went downstairs and found their family chef cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, Chef Eunho," she said sweetly. "Do you know where my parents are by chance."

He smiled back at the girl. "They had important meetings to attend this morning."

"Oh, alright then."

She sat at the island, disappointed as Eunho handed her the plate of well made food. "What would you do without me, Mei?"

"Probably starve," she chuckled. "Thank you."

He nodded and disappeared upstairs, so Mei ate until the plate was almost empty, then headed out.

The drive wasn't too terrible, and Mei was at the school in about fifteen minutes. She got out of her car and gawked at the size of the school, hoping that there was at least one person in the large building she would get along with.

"Liu Mei?" A man asked as she walked into the office.

She smiled politely at him. "Yes, sir."

"One of our staff members will be here in a moment," he handed her the schedule. "He'll show you around."

Said staff member then walked out of an office and motioned for her to follow him. As she followed him out, a boy walked in and she made eye contact with him for a split second, before he looked away.

The kind staff member showed Mei where everything she needed would be, and she thanked him gratefully. First bell rang snd she bowed her head at him, but all she saw was the way he eyed her. She scowled and walked into her first period, taking a seat near the back.

The teacher smiled at her from across the room, and she returned the gesture as the boy from the office walked in. He smiled to himself and took a seat next to her, not speaking, but making brief eye contact every now and then.

He glanced at Mei every now and then, and after class, he walked out with her. "My name's Hyunggu, but you can call me Kino."

The girl chuckled at the grin on his face. "It's nice to meet you, Kino. I'm Mei."

"Well, Mei," the two began walking again. "I was wondering if you would like to have a friend."

She hummed. "I don't know, what do you have to offer?" His face dropped and she laughed at his expression. "I'm totally kidding. I would love to be friends."