twelve.

___

___

Mei woke up and still felt arms wrapped around her waist. She looked at the time and saw that they were going to be late if she didn't hurry and get ready. She tried getting up, but Minghao pulled her back into his chest. So, she turned around and faced Minghao, shaking him.

"Ming, we have to get up or we're gonna be late." She said.

His eyes opened slightly and he pouted. "Do we have to go?"

"Yes. I want to maintain my grades," she replied, making him groan and get out of bed. "I'll go get you some clothes."

Mei got some clothes, and walked back to her room, giving them to Minghao. "Here you go."

At the way she mumbled, Minghao gently grabbed her hand. "Woah, why did your mood change?"

She sighed, almost inaudible, and looked over at her bed. "Those clothes were my brothers before," she paused. "He passed away."

Minghao put the clothes down on her bed and pulled her into a hug. Mei tried not to cry, but ended up crying into his chest as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." He whispered.

She pulled away and looked up at him. "It's not your fault."

He wiped her tears for her and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Let's get ready."

Minghao took his shirt off and she accidentally did a double take, covering her mouth in shame as she looked away before he could catch her.

"Wow."

"What was that?" She could practically feel Minghao's smirk, then heard his footsteps as she was turned around, faced with a shirtless Minghao grabbing her wrist. "Want to tell me now?"

"Isaidwow."

He smiled and let go, so she ran off into the bathroom. After getting dressed, she walked back out to see Minghao laying on her bed. He heard the door close and opened one eye.

"You know, I feel bad for wearing these clothes." He admitted.

"Don't, you look good in them."

He smiled and got off her bed. "Let's go before we're late."

They took Minghao's car to school and they had some interesting conversations, then Minghao asked a question that caught her off guard.

"Do you want to tell me about your brother?" He asked.

Mei hesitated, but she nodded.

"His name was Boyoung and he would be twenty six if he were here. Last year he passed away in a car crash. Bobwanted to drive a friend of his home since he was sober, but his friend refused to let him drive his car. His friend almost started a fight, so he figured it would be best to calm everything down rather than keep arguing. Bo's friend drove, and they never made it home."

Minghao put his hand on her knee, so she put her hand on top of his. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. Considering it only happened last year, but you still light up a room when you're in it is amazing. You're so brave and confident and I admire that. If you ever need someone, I'm here for you, Mei."

She smiled as he interlocked their fingers. "Thank you Minghao, it really means a lot."

They got to school and her and Minghao separated. Mei headed off down the hallway, but she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around only to be punched in the face, literally in the face, and she had a busted lip.

"Stay away from my boyfriend, bitch."

"Jaehwa," Mei wiped at her lip as she grinned. "How lovely to see you."

"If you don't stay away from my boyfriend," she paused and leaned in. "I'll kill you.

"No, you won't."

"Why wouldn't I?"

She smirked. "Because, you just won't."

Lunch rolled around and Mei sat with the boys like usual, and Minghao sat with Jaehwa. They kept stealing glances at eachother and he pointed to his lips, asking what happened to hers. She shook her head, telling him she'd fill him in later.

"Mei, what happened to your lip?" Renjun asked.

"Jaehwa got angry with me for hanging out with Minghao."

Kino raised an eyebrow. "She seriously needs to keep her hands off you."

"It's fine," Mei laid her head down. "I don't have the energy to put up with her anymore."

Minghao said that Mei always lit up the room whenever she was in it, but she definitely wasn't at this point, and he was worried.

He noticed that she would put her head down at lunch and that she wasn't as bright as she usually was. Maybe talking about Boyoung took a lot out of her.

He was also worried about what happened to her lip. It wasn't there that morning, so it had to have happened after they both got to school. He looked over at Jaehwa and saw her watching Mei, smirking at her

"Did you do something to her?" He asked.

Jaehwa looked at him with a hurt expression. "Why would I ever do anything to her?"

"I know you did something."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Fine, I busted her lip, but it was because she was getting too close to my boyfriend."

Jaehwa put her hand on his chest. "Jaehwa, don't touch me."

She retreated her hands and put them back in her lap. "Why?"

Minghao sighed. "Look, I don't have the same feelings for you that I had at the beginning. I'm sorry, but this relationship is over."

Minghao got up and started walking away, but Jaehwa stood up. "Minghao, you can't do this, you love me!"

Everyone watched as Minghao shook his head. He walked over to Mei and and sat down, which made her smile. He couldn't help but smile, too. All he could think about was how gorgeous she was, even when she was sad and wounded.

"You guys are done?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'm sorry she hit you."

Mei shrugged. "It's fine, it's not your fault."

"So, what did you and Minghao do after we left?" Kino asked with a raised eyebrow.

The girl pursed her  lips. "We sat in my room and talked."

"Nothing else, Mei?" Renjun questioned, smirking.

Mei laughed and shook her head. "You guys are nasty."

___