seven.

___

___

-a month later; comp day-

It was finally competition time and Mei was extremely excited. Her and Minghao would open competition with their dance, and they would end it with the group dance, then separate group dances would be in the middle.

Mei did her usual thing for mornings, but she straightened her hair, and put on some comfortable clothes to ride to competition in.

Everyone was supposed to match Mei and Minghao, so they decided on something that would turn heads and draw attention for the competition. He would be wearing black, to contrast with Mei who would be wearing white during their performance.

"You're coming to the competition right?" She asked her parents as she sat at the table.

Her dad smiled. "Of course we are."

When Mei got to the school, Mrs. Su and Minghao were at the entrance, so she walked over to them with a smile.

"Good morning, guys." She greeted.

"Morning, Mei." They replied.

The three headed inside shortly after and went to the dance room. "So, no one has seen your separate team dances and your lead dance correct?" Mrs. Su asked.

"Correct." Mei replied.

"Perfect. Now we just need to pack waters and towels for everyone, and then we can get on the bus. We'll practice at competition."

Both of them nodded, and soon the rest of the students filed in. They left the classroom and got on the bus, and Mei and Minghao sat next to each other, since they were the leaders.

He smiled and looked over at her. "I'm so excited for this."

"Me too, it's always fun performing for other people." She replied.

They looked at each other and locked eyes for a moment, before Mrs. Su caught their attention. "In your lead dance, I need you guys to act like there's a spark between the two of you, with so much passion it's radiating off you and the audience can feel it."

"We will." Minghao replied, a bright smile on his face.

Mei wasn't sure how to take that, but she felt the corners of her mouth lift to match his expression.

Soon, they arrived at the competition stage and everyone changed into their outfits.

Mei: