Chapter 3

(Warning: The following chapter is mostly a filler chapter, while there is some plot progression at the end, a majority of this would be considered filler. I apologize, but filler is just as much part of Pokemon as epic battles and character development, so it would not feel right to me if I just jumped into Serena and the others performing at the Fire Show, without at least one filler in between. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I feel, and hey maybe you'll like this filler, I for one find great enjoyment from some of Pokemon's filler episodes). 

Today, with the Fire Show and Alola League closing in, our heroes are practicing at the beach, for these upcoming events.

Serena had just extended her arms and exclaimed, "And finished!" Masquerain landed on top of her hat, and Delphox bowed right next to her.

Ash and the others, along with all their Pokemon, except Rowlett who was asleep in Ash's bag, started clapping, with Ash saying, "That was great, Serena."

Kiawe added, "Yeah. Your performs makes mine and Ash's look terrible by comparison."

Lillie jumped in, "I wish I had your kind of skills."

Serena blushed and rubbed the back of her head, as she replied, "Why thank you, but it's only good because I'm a performer so I'm used to this kind of stuff."

Professor Kukui said, "You shouldn't be embarrassed, you should be proud. All of you. You are going to definitely entertain and make so many people happy at the Fire Show."

Before the celebration could continue, some people ran past our heroes, screaming. Ash and the gang looked in the direction they came in and saw a large number of Clawitzer's coming from the ocean to the shore and firing Water Guns, from their claws, at many people.

Ash exclaimed, "What's going on?"

Mallow said, "We've got to help."

The team headed over, with their Pokemon battle ready. Lana approached the Clawitzer's first and said, "Stop this!" A Clawitzer just fired a Water Gun at her. Luckily, Popplio jumped in front and fired a Bubble Beam, canceling out the attack. Lana sighed, "Thanks, Popplio." Popplio smiled.

Ash said, "Alright. We've got no choice. Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

As it fired the blast, Pikachu shouted, "CHUUU!" However, four of the Clawitzer's used to protect, stopping the electrical attack. Then two Clawitzer's jumped up and fired an Ice Beam and Hydro Pump at Pikachu.

Luckily, Serena commanded, just in time, "Delphox, Flamethrower! And Masquerain, you use Silver Wind!" The Pokemon fired the attacks. Flamethrower canceled out Ice Beam, while Silver Wind blew away the Hydro Pump. Pikachu smiled and gave the two Pokemon a thumbs up. Delphox smiled back, while Masquerain happily flew up and down.

Ash turned to Serena and said, "Thanks, Serena."

She replied, "No problem, Ash."

More Clawitzer's began to fire Water Guns, which Poipole and Turtonator barely dodged.

Mallow shouted, "Steenee, Magical Leaf!"

At the same time as Sophocles said, "Togedemaru, use Zing Zap!"

Both Pokemon fired their attacks, which combined, to form magical green leaves surrounded by electricity. The combined attack blasted four Clawizer's knocking them out. Unfortunately, another two Clawitzer's fired Ice Beams, freezing the lower half of Steenee and Togedemaru's bodies. Another Clawitzer's arm glowed white, as it hit the two Pokemon, with a Crab Hammer. While the attack did break the ice, it also knocked out Steenee and Togedemaru. Both trainers recalled their Pokemon.