Cold truths

"What was the reason the Officer looked so startled? I was in the right place and right time? And who was the sniper that saved me?" Eileen asked her partner Samson as they sat on their wooden chairs on the porch, in shock and confusion.

"I don't know. I can ask Raymond. But he did tell me the Cold Angel will message him if changes had occurred." Samson assured Eileen before he sipped his chamomile tea and noticed Eileen hadn't drank a sip. "Drink up. You need to relax."

Eileen looked at Samson, startled, before she remembered her tea. "Oh right." She replied before she picked up the now cold tea and gulped it all down before pulling a twisted face in disgust.

"It's better when its warm. Anyways I'll talk to Raymond and see what it was that happened. He should have a response as to what happened today." Samson spoke before he went inside to check on Raymond, who was staying the night.

Eileen nodded as Samson leaned down and kissed her before he went inside. Eileen looked at the starry skies and wondered what had happened that day and who the sniper was. She didn't think that a sniper was going to be there to take out the person who was wanting to attack her. The question that bugged her was how did they know what was going to happen that day?

A few minutes later she heard her phone vibrate on the table near her. She picked it up to see it was a message from Jackson. Curious, she opened the message to be met with only four words.

'Visit me tomorrow. ASAP.'

Eileen was stunned as she read the message. What was the reason Jackson wanted her to visit him in a hurry? Nothing much had been happening on the case with the captor and hostage, nor of the mystery of her brother. Only that she was almost killed following the Cold Angel's instructions. She found it strange that he texted her that day when she was almost killed. 

It's a coincidence he texts. Does Jackson know something? Eileen thought to herself before Samson came out and hugged her from behind. As he did, his eyes wandered onto Eileen's phone screen where the name caught his eye.

"Jackson?" he asked as he read the message, an eyebrow raised.

"One of my brother's friends I visited remember? He just messaged me to visit him." Eileen spoke as she put the phone in her pocket. "Do you think something has happened as it's a coincidence he messaged today of all days."

"Probably just that. Come in, Raymond wants to talk to you about what happened today with Cold Angel." Samson spoke as he led Eileen inside by her hand. 

As the two of them sat across from Raymond, who had his laptop up, Raymond looked at Eileen. "I heard that you were almost killed today following Cold Angels instructions."

"Yes. What happened? Did he try to kill me or did he save me? Right now I am pissed that I am back on square one." Eileen stated, frustrated and angry at what had happened.

"Actually the opposite, he saved you. He was the sniper." Raymond told Eileen before adding "He had to make last minute changes and couldn't tell me on time, hence you didn't know anything about it. He did apologize though and hopes it doesn't have your faith in him shaken."

"Wait what? Wait...what happened? How can he save me when he was supposed to meet me?" Eileen asked Raymond before she looked at Samson then back at Raymond. "Is he being watched? Was he hacked?"

"Well Cold Angel has been working behind the scenes to also save you. He heard of an attempted assassination on you from his agent and decided to take care of that. Someone had leaked the information of the meeting to them. Cold Angel encouraged the officer to go and play piano at the exact same time to make sure you were okay and taken to the police station after he shot the assassin. The assassin somehow knew you were going to be there so Cold Angel has a more secure phone now in case it gets in the wrong hands again. He thinks someone is spying on him too." Raymond explained before adding "The Cold Angel wants you to find your brother, alive while the group known as Ice Vipers wants you dead."