Jackson and the visitor

Eileen and David had just gone on a break when David's office phone rang. David walked over while Eileen looked on feeling on edge as to what the phone call was about. 

"Hello this is Senior Constable David Collins... Yes I know a Jackson Tate, he's the friend of a victim of a cold case...what? Okay we'll be right over." David spoke before he placed the phone back on the receiver. He then looked up at Eileen. "Seems like Jackson was almost poisoned at the residential. He's at the hospital now but he seems like he will be fine although it seems like they think it's linked to the case. He's asked for us and is under police guard." 

Did the Cold Angel do this or did the Ice Vipers? Eileen thought as she and David entered the police car and drove to the hospital.

"You okay? You seem awfully silent." David spoke as they began to drive to the hospital, Eileen opting to sit in the passengers seat while David was in the driver's seat

"Yeah it's just...very overwhelming. I'm trying to piece everything together. First, the disappearance, then the diary, after that its the revelation that my brother's crazy crush must be linked in along with a sister now this? Jackson? Who would go after him and why? Just so many questions I have no idea where to start? Should I start..." Eileen babbled on before David parked at the hospital and put his hand on her hand and squeezed it.

"Eileen, I am here. You know that and anything you want or need help in, just let me know." David spoke as he unbuckled his seat belt and leaned close to her. "There is no need for you to do this alone. You have a special place in my heart and I would do anything to make sure you are okay. We're here now. Let's do this."

Eileen nodded as she watched David exit the car, his words ringing in her ear as she exited the car herself. Should she tell him about the Cold Angel? 

Not yet. Not so soon, I must know more, Eileen thought to herself before she got out. As she did she felt her phone vibrate. It was a message from the captor

'Tick tock, I've got you' the message simply read. 

Eileen froze at the sight of those words and looked around like a deer ready to run before she heard a gunshot hit the windscreen of the police car. Eileen ducked before she ran behind the car next to her, scraping her pants in the process.

"EILEEN!" David screamed as he ran towards her and shielded her with his body. As he did, the shooting stopped and David got off Eileen. He looked at her and saw she was clearly shaken, trembling under him before he hugged her tight. "Crap, are you okay? Eileen answer me."

"I think so." Eileen spoke before she saw the hospital security run out.

"Everything okay? No one injured?" The security officer, a skinny yet short man with a red beard asked.

"I think so..." Eileen responded as she looked at David before hugging him tightly.

"I'm going to call police and send them out to search the area. This isn't good. You are in a dangerous position." David spoke to Eileen before he got out his mobile and rang the police explaining what happened.

"Hello? This is Senior Constable David Collins. We're at the hospital and there was an attempted assassination. On Eileen. In the hospital car park. Yes she's okay. We need to send out a unit to search the park across the road and possibly ask for some footage of the area. Yes. That's all. We'll resume duties and then we'll talk about that. Thank you." David spoke before he looked at Eileen "We're going to do what we came here to do. Then we're going to talk about your safety." 

Eileen nodded. There was no way she can argue with David. Her safety was now at stake and with every passing day that goes by, her time to find the truth about her brother seem to be in a race with how long she has to live. Every day her life and those around her were in danger and today, with a second attempt on her life in a short time span, she knew the captor was enjoying scaring her.