three

I close my eyes. Writing is not that simple. A annoying sound wakes me up. The little notebook, where I write my story down, is on my stomach and the pen is lying on the ground, next to my bed. I turn the alarm off and wear simple clothes. A jean and a T-Shirt with a funny physical joke, I don't laugh about it. May made me a sandwich before she left. I take it and put it in my bag, like the books I need today. I bite in the croissant from the supermarket and start leaving. Two weeks I wasn't at school. Two weeks I haven't seen Ned nor MJ. I take the subway, look at all the people with a normal life until I arrive and then I walk the last yards to the school. As Ned sees me, his face lightens up and a smile is drawn on his lips. He runs towards me, I try to smile as good as possible.
"Peter! You're back!" he shouts. "Where were you?"
"Hi Ned! I needed a break."
"A break? Peter, what happened?" he adds.
"Nothing. It was too much for me, I needed some time for myself."
"What 'it was too much'?" he insists.
"I've told you, nothing." I repeat.
He stays silent. How could I say 'nothing'? This wasn't nothing. A human died. A human who was exceptional, strong and got through so much.
"Hey Parker" MJ says, joining us.
"Hi Michelle."
I must have said it a bit brutally because MJ adds:
"I see, not in a very good mood."
Nobody says something. The awkward silence breaks in. In the school, my Chemistry teacher is also happy to see me.
"Parker! Good to have you back again!"
I don't answer, I just walk to my seat next to Ned. A girl comes over to me.
"Sorry, but that is my seat." she says.
I look at Ned, he is silent.
"Sorry. Here, you can sit down" I stand up.
"Wait" Ned interrupts. "I'm sorry, Kim, but can you go somewhere else today? This is usually his place, not yours."
I put my bag back on the ground. She doesn't resist and leaves.
"Thanks, Ned. I could have sit somewhere else" I say.
"No, I want to sit next to my friend when he needs help."
"I'm okay, Ned-" he puts his hand on my mouth.
"Sh. I don't want to hear lies" he shushes me.
"But who is that girl?" I whisper.
"She's new. Kim."
The lesson begins, so I couldn't answer to Ned. I write notes and try to forget.
"You want to go back and save the world?" Ned whispers in my ear.
"Maybe... today or tomorrow."

I stood in the subway station. I waited for the underground. I jumped over the barrier that is controlling the tickets, my ticket was in my bag. I was in my suit, I didn't take my clothes with me. I didn't expect that this would have happened. The subway A finally came in, I sat down. The few people looked at me, one said: "Spider-Man taking the subway." I answered: "the subway is faster sometimes." The man smiled. The route was long, I wondered what I could tell May. I saw the girl again in my head. I didn't ask her name, I felt like this was a mistake. She was beautiful, I tried to describe her. It wasn't simple, I didn't remember every part of her face, and it was dark. She had probably blue or grey eyes, brown hair, discreet eyebrows. She wore a hoodie and Joggings, so I couldn't see the forms of her body. Her smile revealed white and shining teeth. I couldn't forget her face. A warm feeling surrounded me when I thought about her. I fell asleep, of course it had to happen in the subway. My eyes opened again, I realise I was at the JFK airport. I got off the train and because I didn't want to take the underground again, I walked up the stairs. The sun of the light blinded me, I hold my hand in front of my face. It was 6:30 a.m.. May should have waken up right now. I would say that I slept at Ned's because the way was shorter. The mistake was that I took the wrong subway A, the one to Rockaway Park. I wanted to take the subway to Ozone Park. So I shot my webs and headed to the North. The city woke up, the streets grew busier, more cars, more passengers. The 104th Street showed up, I kept shooting my webs. I was tired and the time passed so fast, it was already 7:00. May had to worry, I was sure she didn't go to work as she saw my empty bed. I finally recognized the different streets and shops. I quickly flew over Ned's house and with my last effort and long jump, I landed on the roof. I walked down the walls of the building with my ability to stick to something. I opened the window that I haven't closed entirely last evening and sneaked on the ceiling. I fell, landed on my two feet and pushed on the spider on my chest. The suit went big again and fell on the ground. I quickly jumped out of the Spider-Man suit and took some fresh clothes out of my wardrobe. That was the fastest I've worn clothes in my entire life. I grab my bag full with the school stuff for today that I luckily prepared the day before. I walked past the mirror in the corridor. My hair was messy, I ran my hand through my hair. As I looked into the living room, I saw May standing, she looked worried.
"Peter, where were you? You didn't come back tonight. I called Ned and Michelle, I was two steps to call the police too" she nearly screamed.
"I'm- I'm sorry" I stammered.
I couldn't say that I slept at Ned's, I had to tell her the truth.
"I was going home, but I saw Mr. Stark, I followed him and then I got lost. I took the subway to Queens but first I took the wrong subway A and secondly I fell asleep. I was at JFK airport and I didn't took the subway again, so I walked the way home."
"You walked it?"
"I mean, I 'flew' it."
"Peter, don't follow that Stark again and take your cellphone. You know I larb you, I can't lose you."
"I know. That will not happen again. I have to go. Bye." I said and kissed her cheek.
I left without looking back.