five

The next days were normal. I waited for the last lesson, I was impatient. I couldn't wait to swing, to save, to fly. I didn't follow Mr Stark again, even if he flew nearly everyday past Queens. But I also wanted to follow him, for the girl. I wanted to see her perfect face again, ask her name, share my thoughts with her, just be with her. But I couldn't expect things from her that I couldn't give myself. I could not tell her my name, she could not see my face. I still had hope to see her again. I felt our destiny would beware moments together. The question is: when? Maybe in 20 years. If that would be right, the time had to pass faster. I couldn't wait to see her again.
I swung over Queens few times, but never any sign of a silhouette of the beautifulest girl I've ever seen. Maybe she was with her friends again. Disappointment this day, like the next days, like the next months, I turned back home with my head hanging wondering why I care so much about her. The snow turned into rain, the rain into hydrogen and it forms into clouds, and everything starts again. I tried not to think about her, keep her away from my quotidian. The truth was and will always be: I miss her. I wanted to see her, with the adorable smile, the shining eyes. I never felt something so strong. I didn't know that existed, that you can miss a person so much. A person that you don't even know.
The feeling changed, still there but I didn't pay so much attention to it. It retired, hid. The emptiness left slowly with the memory of her face. It was July, a hot summer day. I sweated a lot under my suit. I watched the sun go down, like I got the habit to do it. I was on a rooftop, one of the higher buildings in Queens.
"Hey Spidey" a voice screamed from down the street.
I looked down. My breath stopped, my heart skipped a beat. It was her. After so long, I saw her again. It was the only thing I didn't expect lately. Luckily, I let my mask on. I waved at her, said 'hi' but she probably didn't hear it. I hesitated to go down, finally I decided to jump. I fell 30 feet and landed in the Spider-Man position. She smiled (her smile is so adorable, I could never forget its shining), I felt my heart beating faster.
"I wanted to go up and watch the sunset with you" she said.
"Oh okay. You're ready."
She nods, so I put my arms around her waist and shot a web. I landed and let her go.
"Wow that was amazing. If I could I would be Spider-Girl, I would enjoy swinging around" she said.
"Are you afraid of the high?" I asked her.
"No I'm not."
"Then you could be Spider-Girl." I smiled.
I had the habit to take my mask off, I almost did it. I realized early enough that she couldn't know my real identity. I sat down on the edge of the roof, she slumped next to me.
"It's beautiful. I think I'm going to come few more times."
"Yeah... it's beautiful."
We spoke no words, something connected us. My heart beat fast and ached, so loud, I was scared she could hear it.
"How is it with your father?" I ask.
"Oh, I haven't seen him for a month. You don't know, he's an alcoholic spending his time in bars. That man is horrible. You know, when you took our vodka bottles, I didn't drink, I don't want to end like him. You understand?"
"I definitely understand." I answered.
"But it seems like I'm ending like him" she whispered.
She thought I didn't hear it, but my spider senses gave me the ability to. I liked that she told me things about her life so openly. I wanted to do the same.
"My parents died when I was a young boy." I admitted.
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother you-" she apologized.
"It's okay, I live with my aunt and she's cool. And I have like a second father. Tony Stark helps me."
"You know Tony Stark? That's amazing! He's a huge inspiration. But I prefer Doctor Strange, he's cool. You know him?"
"Not a lot, I heard of him few times, but I never met him."
"And Spider-Man of course I really like him too!"
My face turned red, she couldn't see it, my mask hid it.
"I have to go now" she announced.
"Need an elevator with Spider-Man?" I asked funnily.
Like I already did few minutes before, I held her in my arms and jumped down.
"Thank you for this beautiful discussion. I'll come again" she promised.