CHAPTER FOUR

The creature grabbed the beak of the leather turtle mask and lifted it to reveal a face so familiar it was like seeing her own reflection.

"What kind of magic potion did you give me, you look just like me," she gasped.

"The truth is I am you," she said as she coldly stared off into the distance. "I was once an elite S.I.P. operative but I was openly against their earlier techniques. I made it my mission to find the truth without violence. And now you're sent out here to detain me with the promise that my Honest® Tropical Green Tea will be used for good, hmmmph!"

"Then for what?"

"For nothing. They want to eliminate me; my work and they were going to use you to do it." She murmured as a single tear streaked down her cheek. "I left the agency and they used my DNA to replicate a replacement."

"That can't be true! I'm me," Ava balled as she questioned her identity.

"Why don't you ask me yourself, but first, Emilio bring the tea," the patter of his little feet rhythmically slapped the floor as he approached with the canteen. The Luth lifted it to her lips and began to drink its contents.

"Is it real—" the Luth interrupted her plea with a single raised finger and continued to drink all the Honest® Tropical Green Tea within the canteen. She wiped her mouth and let out a sound of refreshment like this was some sort of drink commercial. The sound went on for almost a minute.

"So, what were you going to ask me?"

"Is it really true," Agent Rex pleaded with tears in her eyes. The Luth paused, and a smile began to stretch across her face.

"Yes."