Chapter 1

- Kaito Aoba's POV -

I was sleeping in my bed, when suddenly a cute and soft voice interrupt my slumber.

"Daddy, wake up. Come on Daddy, you promised," the black-haired boy pouted as I opened my eyes, barely seeing the boy's cute little face.

" Hurry up Kaito, your son is so excited for today's special event," said a woman standing beside my bed, giggling at the cute scenario.

" Mum! I wasn't THAT excited.." the boy blushes slightly while puffing his cheeks up. Yoshiko Aoba. The love of my life. She is such a loving and caring parent. That's what make me fell in love with her.

" Ok, ok. I'm awake now. Of course I didn't forget about today." I sat up by my bed while patting the boy's head gently.

" Really? Can we go now? Can we? Can we?" The boy's eyes sparkles as he is up on the cloud nine.

I nodded and the boy jumped up in excitement. Boy, he sure is happy about his little sister's birthday party. We are going to buy some birthday party supplies first thing in the morning together at the shop.

"WOAH, AHH!" the boy fell on the ground after one of his foot accidental stumbled with the cabinet. The woman giggled as she helped him up.

" Go and fresh up yourself before going ok?" Yoshiko said as she kissed his forehead, making the boy blushes.

" I'm not a kid anymore, I can take care of myself. I'm a big boy now!" The boy pouted while leaving the room to go and takes a shower.

Me and my wife both laughed at his cute little attitudes. I looked at Yoshiko's face with a coyly smile.

" What's so funny? Is there something on my face?" Yoshiko asked touching some certain are a on her face, since she just came from the kitchen. Doing housewife stuff.

" No, its nothing. It just that, I realised you have a pretty laughs.." I replied, leaving her blushing and embarrassed with a cute pout.

"Hmm! I thinks you should get yourself a shower, you naughty husband." She implied, as she make her way back to the kitchen.

I just sweat dropped, when suddenly a whines been heard. I turned around to see, my little birthday girl, Mieko Aoba. She just woke up while rubbing her eye cutely.

" Hey there birthday girl. How is your sleep? What did you dream about?" I asked, while stroking her head softly.

" Yawn... I dweamt about my biwthday. It is soooo wondewful!" Mieko exclaimed cutely, making me giggles that caused by her cute voice.

I stands up and gives her a piggyback ride to the living room.

"Yoshiko! Your daughter is awake! Could you feed her while I'm in the shower? I called out for her, but there isn't any response.

I put down Mieko and held her hand as we walked around the house for awhile, when out of the blue... I saw the door broke open. I went to check on it.

" Who would do such a thing?"
As I examining the door, I heard a noise from the basement, sounded like something been hits.

I went to the basement entrance bracing myself as I thought, " Maybe it was just Yoshiko trying to finds the toolkits for the door maintenance."

" Daddy, I'm scared." Mieko tugged my shirt as she hid her face behind me.

Then suddenly, the basement door opens up. I pushed Mieko away from the entrance as I embraced myself.

" I swear, if someone broke into my house and did something here, I'm going to kill them!" I thought as my heart is racing due to the nervousness.

"Kaito? Why aren't you in the shower yet? You are going to be late for shopping if you don't go now." Yoshiko said, while carrying the toolkit for the door.

I sighed in relieve, and smiles at Mieko. "Mieko, it's safe now. You don't have to be scared anymore."

Yoshiko just shook her head and goes to the door to fix it. Meanwhile, Mieko's brother just came running down the stair.

"Daddy! Mummy! I'm done! When can we go!?" The boy shouted with joy, making Mieko startled a bit.

" We will go after we had our breakfast. Now help your dad take care your sister," Yoshiko answered, while fixing the broken door.

The boy nodded and goes up to Mieko. They played together while I'm taking a shower.

- TIME SKIP -

We are eating our breakfast together at the dining table. Mieko is eating her cereal as well as his brother. Meanwhile, both me and Yoshiko eating our toast and have some cups of coffees.

After we are done, I'm with my son were about to leave. We have a hug and kiss before we go shopping.

"Have a safe trip dear!" Yoshiko exclaimed, while waving us goodbye with Mieko in her arm.

"Thanks honey! You too! We will be back as soon as we are done!" I shouted, while reversing the car out the garage and went straight to the market.

But there's still something bothering me... WHO broke the door?

***************************