Chapter 3

Kaito's PoV

     As I was driving back home with the items that we bought for today's birthday party, I saw my son already fast asleep, 10 minutes  after we left the mall.

     "He must be tired from excitement," I chuckled as his son was sucking his thumb like a baby.

     Then, I laid my eyes on my wristwatch. "Oh no, we are late! Yoshiko will be mad at me.." I thought to himself, making me shiver as behind that soft and sweet smile, there is a unsettling demon who can give you nightmares.

    "Daddy? Are we there yet?" My son asked, drowsy as he just woke up from his sleep.

     "Not yet, we still have a long way," I answered with a shake of my head, only to get a cute pouted face from my kid.

     Then, my son stared up at the sky through the window, "Is it going to rain?" His said frowning slightly.

     I looked at the sky as well. We were planning on making the party outside of the house. "I'm guessing it probably will," I replied.

     "But that's doesn't mean we can't have a 'Happy' Birthday!" I added with a bright smile, trying to be as positive as ever.
His son looked at him and smiles back.

     "Ok, let's get back to our journey." I said while driving our car a bit faster.

- TIME SKIP -

Author/Readers' PoV

      It is raining heavily now. Kaito and his son just return to their home. Kaito looked a bit anxious because he was supposed to be home two hours ago. The one of the house's gates was blocking the car path.

     "Even if I horn, they possibly couldn't hear a bit," Kaito thought to himself as the raining getting heavier and heavier. "Guess I have to drench my clothes just to move that gate," Kaito sighed.

     Kaito looked at his son, who is already awake, and told him, "Daddy going to gets an umbrella inside the house. Make sure you lock the car and don't opens it until I get back, alright kiddo?" He said it with clear voice and the boy just nodded.

     Kaito gripped on his side door lever as he getting ready to run inside. Due to the raining, Kaito's vision is blurred out by the numerous little droplets outside of his car. But he just ran out of his car and closed the door behind him immediately and went inside the house.

     The boy quickly reached the lock button as he sat in there, lonely and quietly.

Kaito's PoV

     I finally reached inside and I'm all wet now. Yoshiko going to be angry at me for walking into the house with drenched clothes.

    "I'm home! Sorry that we were a bit late! And also for making the floor wet with my clothes," He shouted, but there is no responses.

     At first, I thought that they didn't hear it. But then, my assumption changed as soon as I saw the door haven't been fixed.

    "Maybe Yoshiko just busy taking care of Mieko," I thought to myself positively as I went inside to find the umbrella.

     As I was looking around the house, I noticed that the house is a bit messy. "Why are the broken glasses here on the floor?" I mumbled, but then turns into a gasp as I saw most the furniture were out of arrangement.

     "What the heck happened in here?!" I began to feels very anxious as I started to looked for Yoshiko and Mieko.

     "Yoshiko!? Mieko?! Where are you!? What happened here?!" I started shouting their name while searching for a clue of what happened to the house.

     "Maybe they are at upstairs," I thought while rushing up the stairs. As soon as I reached the upper floor, I noticed something.... unusual.

    "Where does these red painting coming from? It's at every corners of the area." I thought as I begins to avoiding it as I walks slowly to every room.

     "Yoshiko? Are you in here?" The words are barely heard by my ears such that the rain was getting heavier and heavier.

     "I'm guessing they aren't in here," I left and begins to search to another room. And another. And another. Until... I walked into the master bedroom.

    My eyes were in disbelief as I saw more red painting splattered all over the bed, the floor, the wall and the ceiling. EVERYWHERE.

    I started to having a panic attack and I looked down kneeling on the floor. My mind can't bare with what I just witnessed, covering my face with my hands. I'm breathing heavily as I'm trying to calm myself down.

     After I calmed myself, I looked up and saw a trail of red painting leading to the bathroom.

     I stood up and slowly following the trail. When I reached in front of the bathroom's door, I gulped and meticulously opens it.

     Inside the bathroom, what I saw was indescribable as my eyes widen and I covered my mouth as well.

    I saw a dead body in the bathtub filled with blood. Two dead bodies covered with their own blood.

    Suddenly, I felt a presence of someone nearby. I turned around and saw a silhouette wearing all black holding up a knife.

     "Time to join your family, Kaito." The person said with a distorted voice while pointing the knife towards Kaito.

************************************************************