Chapter 2

Author/Readers' POV

Kaito and his son were on their way to the shopping mall in the car. The black-haired boy was singing along the song "Baby Shark". It was so adorable!

After half an hour later, They reached the mall and Kaito parked the car at the parking lot which is nearby the entrance of the building.

"YAY! WE ARE HERE!!" The boy exclaimed in excitement, making Kaito smiles as well. Then, both of them got off the car and started to walks into the mall with a trolley on Kaito's hands.

"Wow! This place is HUGE!" The boy spoke amazed as they looking around for the gift shop.

" It sure does. But we have to be quick or we won't be able to celebrate you sister's birthday," Kaito replied with a smile, trying to point out the goal of coming here in the first place.

The boy nodded and ran off to find a map, which is a smart decision for a little boy like him. Kaito just followed wherever his son goes since Kaito wants him to be independent to explore the world.

" Daddy, Daddy! I found the map! Come quick!" The boy waved his hands to his father and Kaito rushes to him.

"Good job, kiddo! I'm proud of you!" Kaito praised. "Now where is the gift shop?" He added, searching throughout the map for their destination.

The boy also did the same thing, and suddenly, he speaks up "Daddy, I found it! It's over here!" The boy pointed at the "Gift Shop" marking.

Kaito looked closely as he tried to find the way to get there. "The gift shop is on the second floor and we are on the ground floor," he began. "Which mean, we must find a escalator or maybe a-"

"A LIFT!" The boy interrupted Kaito's sentence, while jumping up and down in excitement.

Kaito just giggled at his son's childish attitude. "You wanna go on ride in a elevator, don't you kiddo?" Kaito asked, with a coyly smile.

"Yup! I love the feeling of my body feeling lighter and heavier as the elevator went up and down." The boy explained, with a prod.

Kaito just laughed a little bit and began, "Ok, let's go find the elevator." The boy's eyes sparkles as he started searching for an elevator around the building while Kaito just kept on pushing the trolley.

After a few minutes, Kaito and his son had found an elevator. The boy went up to the button and pressed on it. So, they waited there until the elevator door opened up.

At first, it was just the both of them queuing there. As the time passed by, there were a lot of people waiting for the elevator.
Kaito started to felt worried for his son and asked him to holds onto the trolley so he wouldn't get out of his sight. The boy nodded as he held onto the trolley firmly.

As the elevator opens up, the people started to push each other inside the elevator. Kaito began to feels very anxious about his son. After everyone in the elevator is "comfortable", Kaito looked at the trolley, where his son is still holding onto the trolley.

"What a relieve, he's still here. And I thought I'm going to- Nope, not thinking negatively ," Kaito thought to himself, making him chuckled nervously.

After they reached the second floor, the pushing begin to start again. And this time, both of them weren't prepared for it. The people on both side are pushing in and out of the elevator making it harder to pass through the crowd.

Luckily, Kaito got out of the elevator safely with his... TROLLEY?!?

"Oh my Lord! My son! Is missing!!" Kaito shouted as he turned around to find that the elevator door just closed.

"No! Wait, open this door! Please!" Kaito rushed to the elevator, knocking and pressing the button hoping that it would open, but it was hopeless. The elevator has gone.

Kaito fell to his knees, speechless due to his irresponsible action. Then suddenly, a voice came to him

"Daddy? Why are you kneeling on the floor?" The boy tilted his head as he is confused.

Kaito turns around and hugged his son, like he wouldn't want to let him go again. "You lucky boy, you got me worried sick right there." Kaito said sobbing a little.

Meanwhile, the boy just stood there confused,eyes widen and staring blankly at his father.

"Come on, let's go to the gift shop, and I'll never let you go ever again," Kaito ensured him by gripping his son hand firmly.

The boy just smiles innocently like there's no problem and walk together with Kaito to the gift shop.

- TIME SKIP -

Kaito and his son just finished shopping at the gift shop. Both of them are putting the items they bought inside in back of the car.

"Ok, let's go home, kiddo!" Kaito began as he closed his door.

"Alright!" The boy shouted, as he turns the radio on to his favourite song, "Baby Shark".

Kaito just sweat dropped and drives their way home, where their family await their returns....

AN HOUR AGO.

**************************************************