Chapter 4

Author/Readers' PoV

      After a couple of days later, a funeral has been attended by many people. Everyone left as soon as everything is settled except for one boy.

     The black haired boy stood still while looking down in front of three tombstone, which belonged to the three family members of Aoba. The sky was dark and gloomy as lightning struck from cloud to cloud. The boy's eyes were covered with shadow as tears slowly dripped down his cheeks, without portrayed  any emotion.

     The sky started to rain, making the cemetery of all the loved ones to flood as the rain got heavier and heavier. But, the boy just stood there with drenched clothes without a care.

     Soon, the rain stopped showering onto the boy as a voice of a man began, "Young boy, you will get sick if you don't take a shelter from the rain." The boy turned around and slowly looking up at the man with a face displaying pains and grief.

     The man felt sympathy as he smiled and lowered his height to the same level as the boy. "Hey, wanna get something to eat?" The man asked but the only respond his getting is a slow shake from the head. "Come on, it's my treat." The man offered again as he placed his hand onto his shoulder, trying to calm him down. Then, the boy wiped his tears off and nodded slowly.

     - TIME SKIP -

In the cafe

     There are various of mouth watering dishes has been served on the table where bot the man and the boy sat together on a chair facing each other. The boy's eyes was gazing on the food as his mouth began to drool due to his extreme hunger. The man just smiled and began, " Don't be shy. Enjoy the meals! It's my treats after all."

      The boy just sit there quietly, looking at the food before he reached one of the dishes and placed it on his plate. "I-Itada... Itadakimasu!" The boy exclaimed as he eats the food with full pleasure.

     "Wah! This is so delicious!" The boy's eyes sparkle as he smiles with joy after taking a bite out of the waffles. "Glad you enjoyed it." The man said. "Here, have some more." The man smiled as he placed another piece of waffles on the boy's plate. The boy's face turns red and murmured "Thanks you... for being so kind to me..."

    "It's ok, I'm just trying to cheer you up." The man began, spoken in a soft and calm voice. The boy stopped and look down as a frown was sculptured on his face. Then, the man continued, "Hey, don't be sad... How about this?" The boy look up to the man as the next sentence makes him feels he could jumps over the moon.

    "Would you like to be adopted by me? I would love to have a son of my own." The man smiled as the boy look at him with eyes filled with hope.

    The man chuckled and replied, "I take that as a 'yes'. Now, eat up before it gets cold." The boy continued eating his spaghetti.

     But one thing keeps bothering the odd. What's the true reason of adopting a child who doesn't know who the man was?

    After awhile later, both of them are done dining in the cafe, they went out the cafe to get some new clothes for the boy.

   Happily the boy thought it was a great start of a new life when suddenly, a black car pulled over in front of them as they just came out from the clothing shop.

   The boy startled and confused when out of the blue, the man put a handkerchief, which was stained with chloroform onto the boy's face, covering his mouth and nose.

     The boy at first was struggling to let go of himself but then he fainted.

     "I'm so sorry, kid... I wish it didn't have to be this way..." He then gets into the car with the boy and they drove away from the location and to went to an unknown location.....