Chapter no. 10

The other day was moon eclipse. That was longest moon eclipse of the century.
Me being sensitive and small hearted , I was scared of even going outside or going into my terrus.

But I was curious also. I wanted to see , how the red moon would have looked like. 

I went out of my room and made my way towards the roof. Fakhar and Danial were fighting over which channel they'd watch.

Without even asking , I knew that Danial would be wanting to see his usual WWB type wrestling and Fakhar would be fighting over his test match of Cricket.

Idiots.

I ignored there fighting and blabbing and went to the roof. 

When I reached the roof, I saw peripheral vision of Hashir. His head and back was leaning against the wall, his eyes were staring the red moon widely.

For a moment I thought I should leave but then ;

You are leaving in less than a week Hareem. At least try to build a better bond with him.

But I don't want him to reoccupy my mind again.
I whispered to myself.

But you don't hate him , right. I know better , you don't even dislike him. The respect you have for him. No one could ever got that position in your life but him. Then why are leaving him like you strongly loathe him.

It was right. My inner voice said whatever was in thousand percent right.

I stepped further and sat beside him. He acknowledged me , because a faintest smile was planted in his lips. But it faded as soon it came.

"Hashir."

"Mhmm."

I looked at the clouds that were swimming beautifully in the dark sky.

"Aren't you afraid?"

He looked at me. For a moment I thought I was drowning in his brown eyes.

"Of this red moon. It symbolizes Allah's anger."
I nodded toward the moon.

"Aren't you scared of agony?" I questioned.

"I am." Something in his eyes made me believe his only two words in a matter of secs.

"Hash. Did you ever asked  forgiveness for your sins?" I mentally prayed that he'd answer this question.

Hashir had always ignored my serious questions. He'd always laughed them off.

"Many times."  He sighed.

I sighed also, feeling relieved.

"Then your innocent and pure." I smiled.

He laughed at my statement.
"It's up to him. If he pleases than he'd forgive me. I'm a sinner Hareem. He's forgiver. I could never doubt his forgiveness but I've committed many sins that I'd never fogive myself."

He nodded upwards.

"He forgives the one whose heart is pure."I told him.

"Did you?" He asked then shook his head as if telling himself he already knew.

"More than many. But much more than for me I asked for your forgiveness. I know that you have committed sins, Hashir. I just wanted to make sure you're forgiven." I told him, honestly.

My eyes burned, the tears screaming to come out.

I inhaled sharply. Blinking my eyes several times to get rid of tears.

He was no more looking at moon. He was staring me.

Straight.

He kept on staring me , he didn't even blink.

I started panicking.

"Hashir are you okay. Hashir please say something. Hashir, are you alright."
He was broken out if his trance,  he blinked several times.

He chuckled,  exhaling.

"You thought I was dead. But you'll make it easy for me to die." I was about to stop him saying such inappropriate words.

He started laughing.
But I couldn't ignore the pained look on his face.

Above of all, I could not ignore the tear that gently fell down his cheek. He wiped it quickly but I caught it.