Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Tabitha

Devon and I spent the day together, before Ramone took me out for dinner. It was a great day and I enjoyed both their companies. The more obvious differences between the brothers came out the more time I was around them. Devon was playful whereas Ramone was more serious. Devon was very conscious of other people and how they felt whereas Ramone was less caring. Devon was jealous and hot headed whereas Ramone was more calm and rational.

That evening the brothers then took me to Pablo's Parlour – their adoptive grandfather's ice-cream and gelato bar. Even though their grandfather was too old to work, pictures of him throughout the years were plastered on the walls for nostalgia.

Devon and Ramone introduced me to their uncle, Davide, who was working in the shop. He was a middle age man with Italian looks and the beginning of a beer belly. He was sweet and quickly waved us over to a small private part of the parlour that was closed for the other customers.

"What flavour would you recommend?" I asked Davide, as he asked what we wanted.

"They're all pretty good. But my personal favourite is the raspberry brownie sundae" Davide replied.

"Perfect I'll have one of those" I grinned.

Ramone laughed as he threw his arm over my shoulders, before turning to his uncle. "I'll just have some coconut sorbet".

"Make that two" Devon chimed in. Davide smiled before disappearing back into the main part of the parlour, leaving us in quiet. Devon turned to us with a tight smile, "did you two have a nice dinner?"

"It was great" I replied, turning and smiling up at Ramone. He chuckled before bending down and pecking a playful kiss to the end of my nose. I giggled as I swatted him away. Devon watched the interaction with a pout of annoyance. Seeing his underlying jealousy, I reached across the table and took his hand into mine. I gave it a squeeze of reassurance which made him offer me a small smile, although it was strained.

A few minutes later Davide delivered our coffees and desserts, before leaving us alone once more. It was quiet, slightly tense, as we ate. It was Devon who finally broke the silence with a sigh. "Whose bed are you staying in tonight?" he blurted out.

I was silent for a moment, pushing my empty dessert bowl away as I considered. "I don't know how to answer that".

"Because you want to sleep with Ramone and don't want to upset me?" he asked.

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be, Dev" Ramone sighed, shaking his head at his twin. "We came here so we can talk this out and try and work it out. It's not Tabitha's fault this happened and it's not ours either. This isn't the ideal situation but it is the situation we are in now...and for live. So, we need to work this out between us".

"I don't...I can't...I'll never be able to choose" I muttered out, ringing my hands nervously.

"And we're not asking you to" Ramone added quickly, who looked at Devon who begrudgingly nodded in agreement. "But, no matter how we work this out it's going to be hard. There will be jealousy and problems, but we will make it work for us".

Devon nodded, "sorry Tabby, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just finding this hard but that isn't your problem. We're all in this for life and I have to get over my jealousy".

"So, you two have to share me?" I frowned.

"We're not sharing you, we're splitting your time between us" Ramone said carefully. "We'll just do alternate nights in each other's bed, but of course you can have your own bedroom as well, and then we'll just make sure for date nights and things we organise it at least a few days in advance".