Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Tabitha

The wind wiped through my fur as I darted around the corner – narrowly missing a tree – as the sound of heavy paws advanced on me. My eyes narrowed as I zoned in on the small embankment in front of me, just a small stream before it, as I pressed forward. I jumped.

I was airborne for a few seconds, the evening air rustling my fur, before my paws hit the soft soil of the embankment. A soft yip of excitement slipped from my jaw as I took off in a run again, the muscles in my legs beginning to ache in a good way.

A soft thud sounded behind me, then another a few seconds afterwards, and I didn't need to turn to know that Devon and Ramone had just followed me over the small stream. They were chasing me and it was truly exciting for me.

I had never 'played' with other Wolves before. I always thought that a city run was the epitome of Wolf fun, but I had been wrong. Nothing beat running wild, giving into true instincts, with your mates around you.

We chased and wrestled and raced for hours, only when the sun was rising in the distance did we Shift back to human form. And even though I was exhausted, I was practically giddy. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, before grabbing up my hair and twisting it away from my face.

"You look happy, Tabby Cat" Devon grinned, as he pulled his shirt back on.

"That was so fun" I squealed, bouncing on my heels as Ramone always walked out from behind the tree he'd Shifted behind. I was pretty sure that Wolves didn't care too much about nudity, but when I'd dived under a bush to Shift back, the brothers had politely left me to it. I was sure that soon it wouldn't bother me – but with my mates I was hesitant not to move things too fast.

Ramone yawned heavily, as he walked over to us, a lazy smile on his face. "That was great, but I'm beat".

I slipped my hand into his, "then let's go". I pulled him after me, as I started heading back towards the house – at the other side of the clearing. Devon rocked on his heels awkwardly, until I grabbed his hand with my other and pulled him along too.

I squeezed both their hands, "thank you for a nice night".

"Nothing to thank us for, beautiful, it was exactly how we both wanted to spend our night" Ramone replied.

"Well, I could think of another way we could have spent it" Devon replied suggestively, looking me up and down before winking at me. I guffawed a laugh unattractively and bumped his hip, as Ramone shook his head with a smile on his face.

"Another night" I laughed.

"I'll hold you to that".

"So will I" Ramone added in, making me bump his hip playfully as well.

"Boys" I muttered, still smirking happily, as the house came into view. It was quiet and dark, but it still looked beautiful and homily. It had been a long time since I had had a home and something inside me swelled with the idea of this being a true home for me.

Back inside the house, I jumped in the shower and washed all the mud off my body. As I was conditioning my hair, I heard the door to my bedroom open. "Tabitha?" Ramone questioned.

"She's in the shower, man" Devon replied, no doubt following him into the room. There were a few moments of silence between them, before Devon spoke up again. "I guess I better go. She's spending the night – well what's left of it – with you. I don't want her to think I'm trying to jeopardise that".

"She won't think that. We know you're not".

"Hmm".

Another small silence before Ramone broke it. "Are you really alright with this? Sharing a mate? Alternating between beds? Both of us having sex with her?"

"I honestly don't know, man" Devon sighed. "I'm not going to lie and say I'm happy about all this shit. But I need to just get over it. I love Tabitha and nothing is going to change that".

"I know. I love her too".

My heart slammed into my ribs and I almost passed out. I leant against the glass door as his words flew around my head. Love. 'I love Tabitha'. 'I love her too'. I had barely known Devon a week and he was already proclaiming love. Did that frighten me? Definitely. But it also gave me such a feeling of warmth that I almost began sobbing right then and there.

No one had loved me in a long time. After my mother found out about me being a Werewolf there had always been a wariness and slight fear when she looked at me. I had forgotten what it had felt to feel the love of a mother, so I had tried to seek it out with the men I dated. But then I was labelled 'clingy' or 'psycho' because of how desperate I was to feel some sort of love.

And when I wasn't looking for it, in walked Devon and Ramone Wilson. They were my true lovers, my soulmates and they truly loved me like no one before me had. And I didn't need to do all the usual things I did to try and get a man's attention, they'd fallen in love with me within a few days.

I shook out my shaking hands before quickly rinsing the conditioner from my hair. I then quickly jumped out the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I raced back to the bedroom, almost slipping on the wet floor.

I came face to face with the brothers – Ramone lounging on my bed with his hands behind his head and his feet crossed with Devon perched on the chaise longue in the corner. "Hey" Ramone blinked, looked up at me as I stood in the doorway, clutching a towel to my naked and wet body.

"I...you love me?" I breathed out. Tears stung at my eyes at I looked at my two mates. They shared a look, before Devon stood up and walked over to me. "I-I-I heard you talking. You both said you loved me".

"Is that so hard to believe?" Devon asked, pushing a wet strand of my hair away from my face. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I squeezed my eyes shut to stop myself from breaking down in tears. "Don't get upset, Tabby Cat" he whispered. His hand pressed onto my shoulder, before another warm had settled onto my other side. I opened my eyes to see Ramone on my other side.

"Get change, you need some sleep" Ramone said softly and Devon nodded in agreement. I blinked away the tears before heading over to my clothing and pulling out a large oversized t-shirt and some shorts.

I changed in the bathroom before heading back in, as I braided my wet hair sloppily. Ramone and Devon had also both changed into casual basketball shorts – their identical chests on show. It was a nice view for anyone.

Ramone held the covers open in the bed and nodded me to it. I smiled before climbing into the bed and almost sighing in content with how comfy it was. "Don't go" I said to Devon, as Ramone climbed into the bed next to me.

Devon rocked on his heels, looking awkward, before looking over at his brother. "This is the time for you guys" he finally said. Ramone glanced at me before turning to his identical twin.

"Stay" Ramone nodded – his emotions unreadable. Devon hesitated for a few seconds before climbing into the bed on the other side of me. I smiled to myself in content as I cuddled into the pillow, as I gave into my exhaustion.

The brothers were still for a few minutes, before they finally cuddled up to me – Ramone cuddling into my back like a spoon and Devon pressed up to my front. I inhaled deeply, practically purring in pleasure as their scents surrounded me. They made me feel love and protected.

"You alright, Dev?" Ramone said after a few minutes, no doubt thinking I was asleep.

"Better than I have been in a very long time".

"Good. Me too...this feels right" he agreed.

"Maybe sharing a mate won't be as bad as we first thought" Devon added.

"You might just be right about that, brother".