Moonless

The further he ushered me into his kingdom, the more bites I took out of the pomegranate and the more grounded I felt.
"Up there is Elysium, down there are the fields of Asphodel"
He continued, I'd always heard stories of all the great hero's going to Elysium, and most mortals going to the fields of Asphodel. I'd always hoped for Elysium my self.
"Where are the fields of punishment?"
I asked and he grinned
"You don't get to see those, my dear"
I frowned
"Why not?"
He chuckled darkly but ignored my question. I then noticed how quiet it was, no screaming from the fields of punishment, no groaning from Asphodel.
"My Lord, Why is it so quiet?"
He shrugged
"Anticipation" he answered simply
I thought that was odd but commented no further, looking away from him I saw what we were now walking towards. It was a huge castle, it was not near as beautiful as Olympus but then, what is? It had huge white Columns to keep it up, and big dark red drapes hanging everywhere. It was very odd but mostly beautiful, Hades saw me staring and asked me
"Do you like it? It's not much but with your touch I believe it could be marvelous, do you think you would like to stay here maybe?"
My mouth dropped as I realized what he was asking all I could say is
"I'm not sure"
The closer we got the closer I was to finishing the pomegranate, and soon I got a head ache when we reached the door I was very lightheaded. Looking down at the pomegranate realizing I had finished it, what is going on? I started hearing groans and screams and more ominous noises, was this what they had been anticipating? My finishing of the fruit?
"Hades, what have you done?"
I whimpered throwing the pomegranate to the ground, with the remaining strength I had, I looked up for Hades only seeing a moonless darkness as I lost my balance, feeling arms picking me up I blacked out.
—————————————————————
Sorry for this chapter being short
REVIEWS